Speed Traps / Fotomultas

ElCordobés

Registered
Does anyone know whether there are speedtraps (control/radar de velocidad) between Cordoba and Buenos Aires? We're driving down to Pilar tomorrow via Rosario. I made this trip last year and I know there were many from BsAs to Mar del Plata, but I can't remember before that. I wasn't particular careful for the BsAs-Mar del Plata leg...so I received a couple unwelcome fotomultas for ARS696 (ARS1392 if one doesn't pay by the due date) about 6-8 weeks later in the mail.

One can argue whether or not I should have actually paid rather than just live la viveza criolla http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viveza_criolla I guess I already am since I'm trying to speed down to BsAs only slowing for the speed controls! I am not proud of how I've learned to drive in the last year, but if I actually stopped at a stop sign...I'd be rear-ended. :)

I have Waze for my phone, but it doesn't appear that they're on there. Any local apps, websites to check? Also tried Ruta0. Thanks!

I found they are generally under any bridges or bypasses which pass over the motorway / dual carriageway.

Dont think they are fixed, always mobile. Like a fool I got fined for not having the headlights after leaving a petrol station. Always remember to light up after filling up!

You usually see the cameras in the small towns along the way, wherever the speed limit drops, though we recently were given a radar detector which never once went off on the trip from BA to Mar del Plata and back on the last long weekend so no clue if they don't have them on or it's not radar or the detector doesn't work.

buy the plastic anti camera license plate cover or the spray

Get a gps garmin and install the cameras map.

I have several apps on for my phone for GPS that work great. Two of which should have the camera locations. We'll see how accurate they are (and maybe I'll slow down....maybe). :)

Main problem on CBA -> CABA is the lack of gas stations. Oh yes, I saw a few bridges passing quickly last time I drove between those two cities (at least they provide some entertainment on this straight road for several 100s of kilometers).

Back