Spicy food in BA

deeve007

Registered
With the endless complaint I'm hearing (especially from Australian & north American peeps) about how hard it is to find real spicy food in Buenos Aires, I thought I'd see who knows of restaurants where folk can go for a spice hit?

So list away!

-----------

Cocina Sunae
Closed door restaurant (www.cocinasunae.com) can do spicy food, on request. The chef had to tone down the spice for the majority of her Argentinian clientèle, but is quite happy to ramp up the spice to what westerners would expect on request when booking. And some damn nice food they serve too!

Delhi Darbar on Viamonte between Reconquista and 25 de Mayo. Basic, well-prepared Indian food. It's a bit pricey if you're used to cheap Indian food back home, but gets the job done. I think they'll spice it up on request.

I'd throw in the curries at Gibraltar in San Telmo, though if I remember it's more of a mild turmeric fix than anything else.

it is just bar food .. but I HAVE to hit Casa Bar about once a month for some hot buffalo wings... amazing..... cheers

Hello all -- I have 2 spots available for Saturday, July 9 -- here is the menu: http://www.casamun.com/menu/

My Fiery Fish Tacos are garnished with “gochujang” sauce, cilantro relish, julienned cabbage, and jalapeño wasabi guacamole. They did, in fact, make an Argentine ask for "leche" to cool his mouth recently!

Have a great weekend!

Taj Mahal.
Many restaurants in Barrio Chino have really spicy chilli sauce to add to your food.

I welcome all recommendations, second many and just wonder who in hell eats at Katmandu on Scalbrini Ortiz which is a disgrace of an Indian (or other) restaurant with (old) microwaved bajis and samosas and Indian sauces closer to Bisto gravy than a Tandoor oven. Nothing to so with spice levels just pure and simple appalling cooking.

The guys at Akbar 72 (cheap, fast, tasty Indian) will adjust the spiciness of their dishes to your liking. Just remind them that you're NOT an Argentine and can handle some actual heat.

Back