Spread Sheets Of Daily Expenses

saltbench

Registered
Hi everyone,

My name is Colby and I'll be moving to BA in a couple of months. I'll be working remotely part-time making money in dollars and hopefully find a part-time job locally in pesos and to get the work visa. Right now i'm trying to make a spreadsheet of monthly expenses to get a better idea of how much money i would be spending month to month. I plan on bringing as much U.S dollars with me as possible, and on arrival looking for shared apartments in either Villa Crespo, Colegiales, Chacarita, Caballito or Palermo ( I'd rather avoid it though). I'm looking for idea of typical apartment costs for shared apartments maybe 2 or 3 other roommates, gas, light, internet, subte/colectivo, eating out, groceries, medical, any advice in general, etc any information that you could provide me so i could create a monthly expense spreadsheet would be really great! Of course i am aware of inflation but just curious as to current this month pricing of monthly expenses. Ideally i would like to live relatively comfortable and not scraping by, but if i have to i will do what i have to do .

Thanks everyone!

Between $8000 and $12000 pesos a month including everything to live ok, more than that and you would be living quite well for a single person.

internet + cable 280
building expenses depends on the building, if it is a cheap building, ph, etc, with portero or no portero... I own a PH and pay 400, but because we re painting the building, if not its less
gas, light, etc, if you have subsidios (almost every apartment have) you pay 500% less... I pay literally 10 pesos per month of light, and 20 pesos of gas, both with subsidios.
Subte is double price of buses, so I reccomend buses.

I agree with what Montauk project said, between 8000 and 12000 you ll be fine, less a little tighter, more, more comfortable.

8-12K a month is a very safe estimate. On the lower end if you are young (health insurance costs increase drastically after the age of 35), on the higher end if you want a more middle class lifestyle.

The odds of finding a company that will sponsor you for a work visa working p/t are quite slim just to let you know.

internet + cable 280
building expenses depends on the building, if it is a cheap building, ph, etc, with portero or no portero... I own a PH and pay 400, but because we re painting the building, if not its less
gas, light, etc, if you have subsidios (almost every apartment have) you pay 500% less... I pay literally 10 pesos per month of light, and 20 pesos of gas, both with subsidios.
Subte is double price of buses, so I reccomend buses.

I agree with what Montauk project said, between 8000 and 12000 you ll be fine, less a little tighter, more, more comfortable.
Matias you always have these good deals!!! jajajaj on interenet and light makes me sick.... $10 peso electricity ! shame on you!

Matias you always have these good deals!!! jajajaj on interenet and light makes me sick.... $10 peso electricity ! shame on you!

I pay:

todas bi-mestrales:

gas 40 pesos
luz 18 pesos
agua 22 pesos

Cablevision + fibertel 3 mega promo, 280 pesos/month

The apartment is occupied, they cook there, use the heater on all winter, lights, computer, TV, etc.
Its a small apartment, though.

Subsidios.? Why on earth one property owner gets goverment's subsidy? I thought the subsidios was given to poor folks?

Subsidios.? Why on earth one property owner gets goverment's subsidy? I thought the subsidios was given to poor folks?

Yes, in countries that really care about so-called inclusion, subsidies are targeted at the poor (or you provide different means, e.g. more extensive social programs). Here, however, the owner of a Recoleta rental apartment gets funded...

Yes, in countries that really care about so-called inclusion, subsidies are targeted at the poor (or you provide different means, e.g. more extensive social programs). Here, however, the owner of a Recoleta rental apartment gets funded...

Im unemployed... thats why I get subsidios.

I wasn't referring to you Matias, but fyi, being unemployed doesn't imply being poor and as you know a lot of people in this country who are far away from being poor get subsidies

Back