Sprint Triathlon....for Couch Potatoes!

Dublin2BuenosAires

Registered
I want to complete (very different from compete!) a sprint triathlon. Why?

1. Honestly, sibling rivalry. Older brother has completed a few and is giving me grief about my descent into a poor physical condition! That can't stand...no sir. Younger brother has picked up his game and is playing a good standard of rugby back home.

2. I won't get myself fit without a target. I like swimming, and cycling. Hmm....running. Still, 2 out of 3 is ok.

3. Why not.

So, I am aiming to get myself in shape to take on some sort of triathlon event next year. Am very far away from the required condition to successfully complete one, but that isn't a good enough excuse not too try.

Anyone interested in joining forces for training? Especially anyone unfit and in need of something to train for?

If not, I'll plough my own furrow, but it would be more fun to have a go in a small group. As I understand the sprint distances are 750m swim, 20k on the bike and 5km run.

I reckon I'll look for a training plan online and look to have a go before winter hits next year...6 months or so to shape up.

I've completed 22 triathlons from sprint level to international and have coached a number of beginners. Switched sports when I came to BA because I couldn't stand the thought of someone stealing my tri-bike (that cost more than some cars I've owned). I'm not currently training for triathlons but I'm happy to advise you and go on some runs. I can hook you up with tri-groups in BA as well.

PM me.

Remember: Triathlons are for the ultra-competitive. Where else do you have the possibility of beating your friends in 3 sports - all at once? :)

Back