Squatters on 'El's' land! What will they do now?

notebook.fix

Registered
It just had to happen...I love it! It seems that for a week now, some 180 families have been squatting on Nestor's land!!! ...and it took a week for the news to get out of Santa Cruz.

Will kretina stand up for their human rights? or will she send in the sharp shooters?
Well it seems that she's preparing to evict them.....LOL! This will be good to watch if they allow cameras...I doubt it.

"Ok Kristina....we'll follow your example...you take YPF...we take the land...Ooohps!...it's Nestor's Barrio!".

Sorry but the link is in spanish.

Ocuparon el barrio Néstor Kirchner en Río Gallegos

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1466701-ocuparon-el-barrio-nestor-kirchner-en-rio-gallegos
La municipalidad pidió a la Justicia el desalojo de más de 180 familias, que continúan pidiendo que les otorguen los terrenos que usurparon y amenazan con resistir

LOL!!!!

The article says that the barrio is called 'barrie Nestor Kirchner' and was intended to be the home of public housing. Public housing projects in this country are perpetually years behind schedule and notoriously corrupt (apartments usually go to friends of managers or to those pay bribes). These people may just be pissed off. If so eviction (which would not be wihin K's jurisdiction) would just make everyone look worse - not that this ever stopped them before.

RR

This is one of the worst posts I have seen on this forum....

First, because you are implying that the land belongs to Nestor Kirchner, which it does not. Secondaly because you dont even make an attempt at translating the gist of the article for non-spanish speakers.

For those non-spanish speakers, if you do not feel like Google Translate. This article is basically about 180 families who are squatting on government land in Santa Cruz that has been dedicated to building low-income housing. There are alrerady some houses built in the area, and 150 families legally paying their monthly cuotas. The police are currently surrounding the area to ensure no new homeless families start to squat.

En resumen - The only thing this article has to do with the president, is that it is her government financing the neighborhood, and that it was named in homage to the former president! It DOES NOT belong to Nestor Kirchners private estate.

I would imagine that the squatting will end with the government agreeing to include the families in the housing program, and building will continue - at least that is what I hope.

GuilleGee said:
This is one of the worst posts I have seen on this forum....
OUch! :) I didn't mean to upset you...sorry.

GuilleGee said:
For those non-spanish speakers, if you do not feel like Google Translate. This article is basically about 180 families who are squatting on government land in Santa Cruz
. And...so...what's your point?

GuilleGee said:
En resumen - The only thing this article has to do with the president, is that it is her government financing the neighborhood, and that it was named in homage to the former president! It DOES NOT belong to Nestor Kirchners private estate.
Well...please point to where I explicitly say that it is PRIVATELY OWNED by the Ks...it's called Nestor's barrio cause the Ks are hell bent on taking all the CREDIT & wasting our public funds on their political PR campaigns...so YES!!...I will go along with the K marketing machine & attribute it to La reina & EL.

Every time a new public building or housing goes up they stick the K marketing label on it & claim credit for it, brainwashing the masses into believing that our public money they misspend is somehow a gift from the Mesiah & la Reina K.

Sometimes the B$ they excrete will come back to bite them in ways they never expected :) .

I smell a strong smell of KK around here.

> please point to where I explicitly say that it is OWNED by the Ks

"Squatters on Nestor's land!"

Land belonging to Nestor.

I agree, your post reads as if the land is owned by the Kirchners. IMO enough problems in Argentina to post about, w/ out having to use spin.

Reactions: tez
MikeMike said:
> please point to where I explicitly say that it is OWNED by them

"Squatters on Nestor's land!"

Land belonging to Nestor.

I agree, your post reads as if the land is owned by the Kirchners. IMO enough problems in Argentina to post about, w/ out having to use spin.

Well, the Ks should be forced to eat their own marketing 'Spin' too as far as I'm concerned, are you defending them too?

If they are going to claim credit & put Nestor's name or the K label on anything that is simply public works, making it appear somehow that it's a gift from the K gods then they should be made to eat their own PR/marketing 'spin' cause you & me know too well it's not owned by them but the masses they brainwash every day are certainly seeing it as Nestor's gift.

And the bottom line is....they are squatting & hoping to get land for free...the Ks have been encouraging the poor to steal land for years here in the Capital...now it's finally coming back to bite.... in K territory.

Oh yes I will keep calling it nestor's land....it has his name on it :) .

> are you defending them too.

I said, "enough problems in Argentina to post about, w/ out having to use spin". In other words, if you're looking to vent about the gov't in Argentina, there's no need to use spin or misrepresent the facts, as the facts are already plenty good for this purpose.

Additionally, misrepresenting the facts gives the impression that you're biased, and undermines the overall point(s) that you're trying to make.

I agree with you that misrepresenting the facts does not help for credibility but I did not willfully try to misrepresent the news event, a little over excited perhaps...but as can be seen in my other line on the same post:
notebook.fix said:
"Ok Kristina....we'll follow your example...you take YPF...we take the land...Ooohps!...it's Nestor's Barrio!".
I was simply referring to the fact that it's within Nestor's territory or 'nestor land'...with his name on it...seeing most of the time they are taking land in Macri's territory...I admit I made a mistake with the tittle but it was not intentional.

So forgive my enthusiasm as I happily await the outcome in Santa Cruz K territory.

How will Kretina react to squatters in her 'hood'?

MikeMike said:
> are you defending them too.

I said, "enough problems in Argentina to post about, w/ out having to use spin". In other words, if you're looking to vent about the gov't in Argentina, there's no need to use spin or misrepresent the facts, as the facts are already plenty good for this purpose.

Additionally, misrepresenting the facts gives the impression that you're biased, and undermines the overall point(s) that you're trying to make.

notebook.fix said:
So forgive my enthusiasm as I happily await the outcome in Santa Cruz K territory.

I don't know what the ruckus is about. I got your post and the meaning behind it the moment you put it up. Besides, you provided a link to the story. If you were misrepresenting it, you probably would have omitted the link.

So, let's move on people and discuss the matter being raised here. Or just sit back and Laugh Out Loud at CFK and her cronies having to taste their own medicine.

Yeah, when I first read your post I thought it was referring to land specifically belonging to Nestor/Kretina. But it was easily cleared up when I went to read the article and I realized exactly what you were saying. A bit of ironic satire, perhaps.

I find the irony pretty funny as well. Of course, the laws giving tenants far superior rights, at least in terms of a couple of years of agonizing legal fights and costs, to the owners who lease their private property to individuals (or businesses as well) weren't passed by the Kirchners. I do see the irony in this, that the government excercizes its rights to kick "usurpers" off their land in a matter of weeks...

MikeMike, I think you have to realize that notebook.fix is an Argentino with his eyes open to what's going on and is publishing this article to illustrate an example of the inequity in the political situation here in Argentina, particularly ironic because the property had been given, at least unofficially, the name of Nestor Kirchner (supposedly reprsentative of the very people they are trying to kick off the land), while they obviously really don't give a rat's ass about the people in this country.

The funny thing is, I support the right of the government to do that, it's just that they ought to have laws that protect private citizens' (and businesses') rights as well and enforce those as readily as they do that of the government's rights itself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jeff1234 Expat Life 0
GS_Dirtboy Expat Life 44
D Expat Life 4
Back