SSI check, living temp. in Buenos Aires

Ktmjim

Registered
What’s the “best” process of getting my SSI/money from my American bank account to me in Buenos Aires?
I’m keeping my USA residency. Plan to stay in Buenos Aires up to maybe a year, “doing the ferry to Uruguay and back every 29 days”
any help on this question will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

What’s the “best” process of getting my SSI/money from my American bank account to me in Buenos Aires?
I’m keeping my USA residency. Plan to stay in Buenos Aires up to maybe a year, “doing the ferry to Uruguay and back every 29 days”
any help on this question will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The consensus of opinion on these fourms seems to be that the visa run to Uruguay isn't such a good idea anymore. Bajo Cero can tell you more.

Here are a couple of options. If you have a trusted friend or relative in the US that is willing to send you the money, use Western Union. First, you have to transfer the money to your friend. They will have to open a Western Union account. If you don’t have someone to help, you can send the money to yourself using Xoom at a lower conversion rate. In both cases, you will pick up the money in pesos.

If you have a trusted friend or relative in the US that is willing to send you the money, use Western Union.
You can do WU transfer to yourself from your own bank account in the USA and pick it up here in cash. It's better to set up Western Union account while you are in the States.

You can do WU transfer to yourself from your own bank account in the USA and pick it up here in cash. It's better to set up Western Union account while you are in the States.
I endorse this suggestion. There's no need to involve a friend.

Great information. I do have a brother here in the states. Unlike me, money is not one of his problems,lol. So I might go that route. But still gonna look into the W.U.
THANKS GUY’S & LADIES. Any info is still appreciated.👍🏻

Great point. Don't forget to use the promo code, DIGITAL0FEE, to eliminate the transfer fees.

Back