Start Up Meet Up

Dublin2BuenosAires

Registered
Budding entrepreneurs get together to:

1. Share information
2. Provide an informal setting that would allow us to discuss ideas
3. Get feedback
4. Provide support (formal, informal, moral or material!) to anyone with an idea they want to take further

Beyond that, who knows, you might bump into someone who can help take your project further than you could on your own? I'd have no problems sharing my ideas as my previous experience of taking a course (short 8 week course with the city) is that anyone who turns up to chat doesnt come with the intent of nabbing someone elses idea.

No matter if you have half an idea, no idea or an idea that is well on it's way to paying for your beer and sandwiches on a permanent basis. Open to everyone, literally, everyone.

ps. Well aware of the pitfalls and hard work in starting something here. We've all read the horror stories and probably don't need another thread detailing likely problems.

Reply on thread if you think it would be useful. After that we can coordinate a time and a place, somewhere public I would imagine, ensuring we dont encroach of coffee/pub trips that others have organised! We can talk about the most useful way using our time after we have some exp<b></b>ressions of interest.

Personally I have a few ideas, but am wrestling with the challenges of leaving a paying job to pursue them.

It's a nice idea for those who have projects but lack the experience of running a business here, to share their knowledge with other expats.

This is a timely post! I have a few ideas involving app programming (for iOS and Android), but I lack of technical skills and I don't know anybody working in this field.

In short, my ideas are for the following apps:
  • an animated ebook for children (I need: a programmer, someone able to draw, someone able to do animations; I have: the wording and some sketches)
  • a sort of text editor to read tagged text files and to display this text as a 2-column table (I need: a programmer, someone doing the GUI; I have: full tech specs ready, an open source desktop software doing the same)
  • an app to match your clothes to recreate styles from fashion magazines (I need: a programmer, someone who can create a code to index large image databases to be compared with the user's wardrobe; I have: some ideas)
Besides that, I am also looking for:
  • a copy writer to polish/fix my website and bring it to professional standard and do some SEO
  • someone who can design me a business card (I already have something in mind, but I can't draw)

Please note that I don't intend to start a business in Argentina, these things would be dealt with in the US. However if you do know freelancers in Argentina doing this kind of work, I would appreciate if you could get in touch.

I'd be up for this. Sounds like there is good interest and the fact that there is an expat angle could open a wider perspective for the meetup

I've got two apps in mind (detailed projects).
I can finance, provide guidelines/ideas, monitor the whole process, but I'd definitely people working on them (coder, visual artist, marketer). Would I fit in?

Back