Starting To Look For A Piece Of Land To Build A House

French jurist

Registered
Building your own house, according to your own design, is the dream of many, and it's one of mines since I'm 20 years old.
Furthermore my parents met while studying Architecture in Paris, so I'll have a small edge.

My plan was to start looking for a piece of land in 2015, so the time has come.

I'm quite fed-up with the Bs As province, that's 11 years I live here and I want to see something else.

Not sure yet where I'll go:
- Cordoba region:
. Pros = short distance from Bs As, good cultural life, big city close
. Cons = not many. Maybe aside of the different landscapes & climate (much drier than Bs As, good point), life might too similar. If I want to pick up dollars in another country, it's a long distance.

- Mendoza:
. Pros = I'd be able to ski, Chile is not so far, landscapes are likely even nicer than in Cordoba, big city close
. Cons = It starts to be a bit too far away from Bs As

- Patagonia (OK it's big):
. Pros = Ski, gorgeous landscapes, very different lifestyle, Chile is close
. Cons = Weather can be bad, Bs As is really to far, except for Bariloche & such there are no very big cities

- Misiones:
. Pros = Brazil & Paraguay are really close, gorgeous landscapes, very very different lifestyle (jungle like! Could be fun), I would have some local contacts (3 architects = can make a big difference when building a house & visiting the construction site only once a month)
. Cons = the temperatures & humidity (I hate hot & humid weathers which is also why I want to leave Bs As), Bs As starts to be a bit too far

So I'll post the lands that potentially interest me. Comments are more than welcome (for the legal aspects, I'm covered, I want escritura/titulo, etc.).

Of course, when buying, one must think about the future resale, but that should be OK for all those regions.

First one I noticed, 10 km away from Posadas in Misiones.

I want a "view" for my house: either a lake, river, mountain, etc.

300.000 pesos for 10.000 square meters sounds cheap (is there a real title? I'll know next week)

http://global.remax.com/Building-plots-For-Sale-Posadas-Posadas_420381022-9

I can not live anywhere in Arg. except Capital Federal..

Why do you want to be close to BA? Just avoid Tucuman. I almost roasted yesterday. In BA people often complain about the heat in summer and I feel like one of those Canadians telling people in Britain 'this is not cold'. Well. I am always telling portenos 'stop moaning, this is not hot'

I can not live anywhere in Arg. except Capital Federal..

Have you ever been to Punta Chica (near St. Andrews university) in Bs As province? I have even seen people playing cricket out there. It's gorgeous. I think spending my Saturdays in Punta Chica is the only reason I still study at San Andres uni.

Salta is rather nice. Shame it is full of saltenos! I have heard that it has become popular to build a house in places such as Cachi.

If you're not a fan of heat and humid weather, I would say Misiones is right out. Why build in a place where probably 75% of the time, the weather isn't going to be enjoyable for you?

Why do you want to be close to Bs As?

Back