State of Temporary Rentals Today -- What is everyone paying?

MatameBA

Registered
Inspired by the "temporary rental contract legalness?????" thread, I was wondering what my fellow temporary renters are paying! My 6 month contract is up at the end of the year, and I imagine that my landlords will want to raise (they always do), so it'd be awesome to get an idea if I should stay or if I should go.

Me:

I live in a decent studio in Belgrano ("dividido" as in it has a placard in the middle of it separating out bedroom areas. It isn't that well furnished, and I actually own few pieces of furniture (a couch, a small table, an armoir, all of the cooking ware + silverware)

I pay US$590 each month + I pay all of the expensas (~AR$550), ABL, gas, luz, cable, etc. It averages out to being about US$750ish/month.

I, like many, pay in CASH, in dollars every payment period. This was a HUGE mistake, as I originally paid in pesos but thought that if I offered to pay in dollars they would "aflojar un poco". This was stupid. I was wrong. Learn from my mistakes people. My landlords are good people, but now they know I have access to dollars and think I'm rich (FAR from it!)

I see a lot of these places on Zona Prop for US$850 - US$900/month for a hotel room like studio, PLUS you have to pay the commission. But then I see people on here paying US$750/month for a 1 bedroom temporary rental in Belgrano with everything included.

What are you guys paying?

without sounding like I'm advertising...haha! but i own a 1 bedroom apartment (2 ambientes) small but super cute and furnished apartment in palermo soho. Currently i rent it for 750usd a month everything included (cable, TV, home phone and all expenses) but because the renter has been there for a few months and is an awesome renter, unfortunately he'll be leaving to go travelling mid october so i have decided to rent it for 800usd to the next renter...because the ABL as increased and my building expenses have doubled! still feel like a give a great deal, especially in comparison to other apartments in palermo soho!
how i deal with the pesos/dollar/rate issue is that, i am Canadian, so my renter transfers the rent money straight into my Canadian account. which definitely works well for both of us!

I rent a 2 bedroom in the centro for 5000 pesos for the entire place all included. 6 month contract.

. As of October all real estate contracts must be pesified..!! Dollar rates in 2013 would kill you...!!

I am paying 1650 us$ a month for a temporary rental.

Its a decent apartment in a excellent building and excellent location. The cable TV and the internet sucks though! No housekeeping service either from landlord.

My landlord wants to convert it into long term rental. How much should I be paying?

The apartment is fully furnished. will I gain if I go for long term rental in the same apartment?

Please advise.

Thanks.

I pay 850USD per month, short term, for a 52m2 loft in the Algodonera in Palermo. Excellent building, nice zone.

This includes every expense, furniture and cleaning lady. The price has remained the same for 14 months. If we were to pessify it, it would be @5.5- 4675 ARpesos.

A friend in the same building rents 40m2 for long term for 3000 pesos a month, nothing included.

rrptownley said:
I pay 850USD per month, short term, for a 52m2 loft in the Algodonera in Palermo. Excellent building, nice zone.

This includes every expense, furniture and cleaning lady. The price has remained the same for 14 months. If we were to pessify it, it would be @5.5- 4675 ARpesos.

A friend in the same building rents 40m2 for long term for 3000 pesos a month, nothing included.

does it include high speed internet and direcTV and ability to call cell phone from land line phone?

Ceviche said:
does it include high speed internet and direcTV and ability to call cell phone from land line phone?

It includes broadband, TV, and the ability to call cell from phoneline. Although if I abuse the phone bill I occasionally have to pay a surplus.

I'm paying 600USD for a tiny place. All expenses included, though. Thought it was a ripoff till I saw what ya'll are paying!

I'm paying $4,400 pesos for a one bedroom in San Telmo. All included. A decent enough place, but as is often the case with temp rentals, the furnishings leave a lot to be desired. My lease ends soon, and if I don't hightail it to Asia, I'll be looking for an approximate six month lease in Recoleta or downtown.

Looking at Craigslist (not the best option for bargains, but instructive about the current market to some degree), I've noticed a few more apartments listed in pesos than was once the case. All in all however, I haven't noticed a significant lowering of rent. Maybe slightly, but there remain a large number of what I would consider to be very overpriced units from $1,500US on up.

Back