Stella! Stella!

mobri1130

Registered
So considering that I read this in the BA Herald, I want to believe that maybe something was lost in the translation...but I kind of doubt it. I love me the Abuelas, I truly do. But if it's true, this is just bad form.

Did anyone hear the original radio interview?

Grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo head, Estela de Carlotto, once again criticized Vice President Julio Cleto Cobos and considered that he "should leave his post" after the death of former president Néstor Carlos Kirchner.

"Cobos is betraying all he stood for. What he's doing is very ugly and dirty," Carlotto told reporters during a radio interview.

Likewise, Carlotto considered that said that if Cobos "would have dared to attend Kirchner's wake at the Government House, he would now be hospitalized" and added "He (Cobos) did well by choosing not to go."
Source: Buenos Aires Herald

I dont love abuelas of any type or nationality, the stereotype of them being gentle and warm deliverables of cookies is pretty rare in the real world, in my experiences. Most of them are miserable creatures whose black shrunken hearts pump bile bitterness to all corners of their bodies

mobri1130 said:
So considering that I read this in the BA Herald, I want to believe that maybe something was lost in the translation...but I kind of doubt it. I love me the Abuelas, I truly do. But if it's true, this is just bad form.

Did anyone hear the original radio interview?

Grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo head, Estela de Carlotto, once again criticized Vice President Julio Cleto Cobos and considered that he "should leave his post" after the death of former president Néstor Carlos Kirchner.

"Cobos is betraying all he stood for. What he's doing is very ugly and dirty," Carlotto told reporters during a radio interview.

Likewise, Carlotto considered that said that if Cobos "would have dared to attend Kirchner's wake at the Government House, he would now be hospitalized" and added "He (Cobos) did well by choosing not to go."
Source: Buenos Aires Herald

Sounds like something Hebe Bonafini might say but it surprises me that these words came from the mouth of Estela de Carlotto.

All of these groups are on Nestor's payroll. With him gone they will probably be even more strident in their support of Cristina as this interview seems to indicate. If she goes it could be adios to their source of cash.

dr__dawggy said:
Sounds like something Hebe Bonafini might say but it surprises me that these words came from the mouth of Estela de Carlotto.

Agree, when I first heard the quote I assumed it was Hebe.

gouchobob said:
All of these groups are on Nestor's payroll. With him gone they will probably be even more strident in their support of Cristina as this interview seems to indicate. If she goes it could be adios to their source of cash.

You should double check you "info" and to show a little more respect about abuelas de Plaza de Mayo, these old ladies have ten times more balls than you can ever have.

Abuelas doesn´t accept any donation from anybody in Argentina.

They support K because of their human rights policy and because they abolished the law that protected the genocidal from been prosecuted.

Bajo_cero2 said:

They support K because of their human rights policy and because they abolished the law that protected the genocidal from been prosecuted.

They may have started out like that years ago but, like many bona fide groups, they were taken over by political interests. If you believe they don't accept donations from anyone, I know of this great bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

Or, in Spanish: Tengo un buen tranvia para venderle.

Bajo_cero2 said:
You should double check you "info" and to show a little more respect about abuelas de Plaza de Mayo, these old ladies have ten times more balls than you can ever have.

I believe I am incorrect and I apologize. I can't find any reference as to the source of this groups funding government or otherwise. There is another group called Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo which I had confused, they are in fact funded by the government. It seems to me that all these groups funded by the government create a potential danger. If it becomes clear Cristina won't be around and that their funding is going to dry up will they simply disband and go home? Will they use some other methods to stay in business?

Just after I arrived in BA , I was told that some of the children of the leading members of the Abuelas are actually alive and living in places like Paris . They will never admit this as they want to get the compensation paid to them by the government.

Is there any truth to these claims?

Any links to any sites in Spanish , English or french?

Back