Still an American at heart

Rich, bro, 100 pesos is like 35 cents in real money. Come on.

I realize having been a waiter for 7 years, and living on my tips, has something to do with my attitude, but if the service is good, I will tip 15% minimum, or 20% if it's a place where I'm a regular. It has a very positive effect on the service next time.

You know these people are getting paid jackshit. My Social Security is less than 1000 USD a month, but still. It's part of being a mensch.

Well Mensch. some seem to be very sensitive about low salaries in CABA..! Have yet to hear sympathy for the Stateside immigrant workers that earn minimum wages at Mc or Burger et.al.
With the steep cost of living/medical in the USA.
I venture to say that quality of life for those workers is tougher or equal at best to your Cafe Waiter? Yes , no perhaps?

Last edited:
Well Mensch. some seem to be very sensitive about low salaries in CABA..! Have yet to hear sympathy for the Stateside immigrant workers that earn minimum salaries at Mc or Burger et.al.
With the steep cost of living in the USA.
I venture to say that quality of life for those workers are tougher or equal at best to your Cafe Waiter? Yes , no perhaps?

You make an entirely legitimate point, but it's hard for me to tip workers in the USA when I am here, eh?

Your comment is a "non sequitur" . Your sympathy is enough ?
The great pandemarchic cultures that seethe and ferment in the cadavers of empires are foremost in their concern for the weak, the stupid, the unlucky, and see the hope of aiding them only through the destruction of all official authoritarian systems (more often than not in order to exploit them privately for greater personal gain). Such governments have therein been also foremost in expediting their own extinction, both from within and without. *

Now that is a non sequitur. My comment two posts above was merely tangential.

*above quote is from 'The Anatomy of Military Merit' by James Maxwell Cameron

According to my experience with buying here in Argentina, I can assure that the service is one of the worst in the entire world.

Back