Still looking for sailing/sailors

jenh

Registered
Are there any other sailors on this board? I'm still looking for people to get out on the water with, particularly in any upcoming races or regattas, or crews looking to add another crew member with racing experience. (I usually am in foredeck and bow positions or on spinnaker, either foredeck or spin trim, can also be just a general grinder or rail meat just to get out on the water here!)

Also, I've been trying to find places to charter (bareboat) around BA and have come up with nothing. I'm not looking for a "booze cruise" type of tourist thing, but someone who will rent out a boat and allow you to bring your own crew to sail it. I have my certifications from the US, but if there is a test or something you can sit here that would make it easier to do this, does anyone know about it and/or how to get that certification?

Thanks, guys!

HI Jen :

I sail, though not frequently, and i know someone who charters his boat (in pesos- he's a friend of my Sailing Instructor from when I took the course).
He also organizes crossings to Colonia.
I think at the beginning he goes in the boat with the group.

best,

B.

That would be of interest to me - can you send me a message with his contact info? Do you know what marina he sails out of?

I would be much interested in sharing costs and fun of a bareboat charter.

No racing experience but have been sailing my 37ft dufour on lake Michigan the last two years; sold it before moving to BA.

Staszek

Still willing to look good and get drunk and converse with actual sailors on their boat about interesting topics. Seriously.

I am a real life sailor. But work on ocean going ships, not sail boats.

Staszek and TarHeel,

thanks for the reply - the issue I've been having is just finding a place to charter out of... I see boats all over, so there must be somewhere. I think we need some local knowledge, though! I am asking around and will circle back to this post if I find more out.

I used to participate in a sailing group that was quite a lot of fun and had a couple of good boats with regular pick-up sailing, both casual and regatta. The owner, Jorge Risolo is a great guy, too. Check them out: http://internautic.com.ar

Jen-
Let me know what you come up with as I've been dying to get out on the water too. I'm from San Francisco and have always spent a ton of time sailing (yay America's cup 2013), though more as a passenger than crew member, but I know a thing or two and would love to learn more and happy to contribute to costs.
Thanks!

Back