Stop playing the fool

perry

Registered
Can any native argentinian speakers help me with a literal translation of this saying or something similar.

Stop playing the fool . I appreciate your assistance

Todas en realidad estan bien pero, literalmente no seria, "Deja de hacerte el tonto" o en su defecto "Para/Frena de hacerte el tonto"?

Frena no se usa.

Es o bien "deja de hacerte el boludo" o "dolobu" o "deja de hacerte el tonto".
Regards

Not a Spanish speaker here but...
"stop playing the fool" carries a connotation that the actor is just pretending to be a fool. Accordingly, I'm not sure that "deja de hacerte tonto " or 'no te hagas tonto/boludo/dolubo/etc" actually has the same connotation . Is not hacer (make) or deja (stop) simply an order to stop doing something without the connotation that the actor is pretending. "Deja de jogar el tonto" or "no te juegas el boludo etc" may be more accurate insofar as it carries a connotation the actor is playing or prtetending. What is the word for "pretend"?

scarface said:
Not a Spanish speaker here but...
"stop playing the fool" carries a connotation that the actor is just pretending to be a fool. Accordingly, I'm not sure that "deja de hacerte tonto " or 'no te hagas tonto/boludo/dolubo/etc" actually has the same connotation . Is not hacer (make) or deja (stop) simply an order to stop doing something without the connotation that the actor is pretending. "Deja de jogar el tonto" or "no te juegas el boludo etc" may be more accurate insofar as it carries a connotation the actor is playing or prtetending. What is the word for "pretend"?

in this case, is "hacerte". the other translations are right

Back