Storytelling in English Thursday Night (Jan 26) in Congreso

K_Crimini

Registered
Hi, guys. I run a storytelling event in English once a month called Second Story Buenos Aires.

The way it works is similar to the rash of events like it in the US and Europe: People with stories to tell get up in front of an audience and tell them. The stories are (at least tangentially) related to a theme. This month, the theme is Waste.

The stories average 5-7 minutes in length and I'm always delighted by the variety of ways people interpret the theme.

We have just started at our new venue, Absinth Resto Bar at the corner of B. Mitre and Rodriguez Peña in Congreso. Doors open at 8PM, stories start at 9, and the cover is $20 pesos.

The bar has a full menu, all kinds of drinks and often runs specials at this hour.

If you want to check out the webpage for more details, please do: http://secondstorybuenosaires.com/

I'm always interested in new voices, too, so if you want to get involved, please get in touch before our next event and attend a workshop, and our core group will help you hash out ideas. Workshops are free, open only to potential storytellers, and generally happen about two weeks before the event itself.

I'd love to inaugurate our new venue with some new faces in the crowd and hope you can make it. There is a great sense of community around the event, so who knows, you might even make some friends.

Thanks for your attention and I hope to see you at Second Story.

Kate

Back