Stranded in Buenos Aires

Phil G

Registered
Hi everyone, we are two 64 year old guys caught up in the travel restrictions here in Argentina, We arrived in the country on the 11th, just a day before the government announcement. We are self-isolating in an apartment we were able to obtain, but doubt this is at all sustainable for more than a few days. Meanwhile, we await the resumption of flights out of BA. Tried LATAM, but not ideal to travel via Brazil, which has far more cases than Argentina.
We would really, really, appreciate any advice, assistance or simply support from expats out there in BA.
Thank you so much
Phil G

Hi

How about your whereabouts?
Maybe someone can help with do's and dont's, suggest delivery services, cuevas or even provide you some relief stuff if you need it (meds, spare clothing, whatdafuckdoiknow).

Just saying.

Good luck and stay posted.

Iz

Hi everyone, we are two 64 year old guys caught up in the travel restrictions here in Argentina, We arrived in the country on the 11th, just a day before the government announcement. We are self-isolating in an apartment we were able to obtain, but doubt this is at all sustainable for more than a few days. Meanwhile, we await the resumption of flights out of BA. Tried LATAM, but not ideal to travel via Brazil, which has far more cases than Argentina.
We would really, really, appreciate any advice, assistance or simply support from expats out there in BA.
Thank you so much
Phil G

To be frank if you can leave today do so as there will a curfew called today or tomorrow . Are you both under 14 day quarantine?

The best bet is to go to Uruguay via Entre Rios book a uber if you have to and from Uruguay I believe that you can get flights still Pensador?

flights to Brazil ( several carriers apart from LATAM or Aerolineas) and Panama ( Copa) are still open. Especially flights to Panama are super cheap now.

Get there and take a connecting flight.

flights to Brazil ( several carriers apart from LATAM or Aerolineas) and Panama ( Copa) are still open. Especially flights to Panama are super cheap now.

Get there and take a connecting flight.

Can you fly still to Panama and Brazil from Ezeiza ?

The best bet is to go to Uruguay via Entre Rios book a uber if you have to and from Uruguay I believe that you can get flights still Pensador?

Sorry, that is not right.

Uruguay's borders are closed to anyone who's not a citizen or a legal resident. No one else can get in.

Believe me, I've tried.

Last edited:
Sorry, that is not right.
Uruguay's borders are closed to anyone who's not a citizen or a legal resident. No one else can get in.

Believe me, I've tried.

yes you are right ! I was shocked to read that uruguay has now 79 cases much more than Argentina per capita .
Just a few days ago I was saying to a friend that uruguay was safe as it had no cases . It went up very quickly from zero .

Back