Student Visa For Studying Spanish-Residencia Temporaria?

dolcem

Registered
Hi,

I posted this in the immigration for dummies thread but it seems that that section isn't well-trafficked so I thought I'd post here.

I'm trying to find work here (besides teaching English) but no one will even interview me without a DNI, and I think my only chance at getting one is through a student visa. My first idea was taking courses at the UBA but you have to be currently enrolled in a university (I already graduated). My next was signing up for a graduate program, but that seems to be a long process. From what I understand, you can get a student visa from just studying Spanish...but only a residencia transitoria (which doesn't get you a DNI). Can I get a residencia temporaria from studying Spanish? Where can I find a list of Spanish schools that are "accredited" and can get me the student visa? Any advice would be appreciated.

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SPANISH CLASSES AT UBA . Levels, Schedules, Costs , Sites, etc. Qualifies for visa ?

http://www.idiomas.filo.uba.ar/content/espa%C3%B1ol-para-extranjeros

Where did you see that you get a student visa by studying Spanish as a foreigner? You can only get a student visa by doing a degree program and you must show that you are taking classes every year in order to renew the visa. Also I'm pretty sure you can't work on a student visa.

Also I'm pretty sure you can't work on a student visa.

Once you have a DNI - you can work.

DNI = Green Card

In any case most expats here are working with or without DNI with two most popular professions without DNI - being Teaching English or Giving Personal Training.

Where did you see that you get a student visa by studying Spanish as a foreigner? You can only get a student visa by doing a degree program and you must show that you are taking classes every year in order to renew the visa. Also I'm pretty sure you can't work on a student visa.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong on both counts.

ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SPANISH CLASSES AT UBA . Levels, Schedules, Costs , Sites, etc. Qualifies for visa ?

http://www.idiomas.f...ara-extranjeros

Thanks, Rich,

I looked at the various Spanish classes in the link. The "regular" course is four hours a week, for sixteen weeks and is the only one which lasts longer than a tourist visa. I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe that enrolling in these courses would lead to obtaining a visa as a temporary resident.

If it was possible to get temporary residency by enrolling in a four hour a week class I'm sure someone would have posted about it long ago and many "pesudo-tourists" would no doubt have enrolled in the class just to obtain a DNI. Learning Spanish would be a nice bonus, but I can't imagine migraciones ever accepting this as a basis on which to grant temporary residency.

The "intensive" course is eight hours a week for eight weeks and since that is about 30 days less than the duration of a tourist visa, so I don't think enrolling in these courses will led to temporary residency and the DNI.

Nonetheless, a DNI that has been issued to someone who is enrolled in a full time curriculum in an institution that is approved by migracones is (based on a number of posts in the forum) sufficient to seek employment, but I believe that BRG is correct about the requirement to "show that you are taking classes every year in order to renew the visa."

I know some hot American girls, who came and learned "cooking" by taking official cooking classes for 2 years or more and got their DNI. And proper work soon after.

Hope this helps?

That site is a great resource but it doesn't say anything about the visa. I went to the webpage of the Ministerio de Educacion and asked them and they referred me to the Secretaria de Politicas Universitarias and I asked them but didn't get a response. They also sent me this link: http://www.me.gov.ar/spu/legislacion/Resoluciones_por_No/Resolucion_No_1523_90/resolucion_no_1523_90.html but I looked it up and there wasn't anything of help. I'm thinking of going to the departamento de migraciones in person and see what they tell me...what do you guys think?

Here's my other question (I don't want to start a new thread): if I get a job en blanco and they give me the residencia temporaria and I get my DNI, if I quit that job, do I lose the residencia and my DNI? Or can I keep them and simply get a new job (or internship)? Thanks!

Back