Study Visa - Work Visa

nedders

Registered
Hi

Just a quick question.

I'm looking to apply for a working visa for the future.

If i obtain a tourist visa, is there any law, that prohibits me from obtaining the working visa once the study visa has been obtained until it relinquishes?

I was just thinking about applying for the study visa for a year, as it would avoid all the crossing the border to uruguay faff.

Just to expand a bit (on Philip's succinct answer)...

What you need to ask (and I will do so here), is: "As long as I have a student visa, can I get a job with any business who is willing to hire me without having them provide a work contract that must be submitted to migraciones?"

I do not know the answer, but I'm confident that another member of the forum does.

Citygirl recently made a post noting that there is no such thing as a "work visa."

When your student visa expires, you will not be able to work legally unless your employer provides a work contract that is approved by migraciones.

If they provide the contract and migraciones approves it, you will then be granted temporary residency for one year.

Citygirl recently made a post noting that there is no such thing as a "work visa."

It might have been Davidglen77 who posted this.

They both have a lot of experience on the subject and know what they are talking about.

In fact there is a work visa, but is too difficult to get it that it is better do not even take it into consideration.

You can reguralize any time.The easiest way is to apply for another student RESIDENCY not visa, you are here, right?

Back