Studying Visual Arts In Bsas

BA Barrio Busquador

Registered
Hi

My daughter is studying visual arts in Australia and is interesting in coming to Buenos Aires as an "exchange" student (university). Unfortunately her university here doesn't have an exchange program with any uni's in Argentina.

She has contacted Instituto Universitario Nacional del Arte: IUNA, but unless her uni has un acuerdo, she can only "cursar un cuatrimestre como estudiante pro afuera del convenio abonando por materia a cursar".

I guess that means four months only and pay by the subject?

Does anyone know much about uni's and visual arts in BsAs, which is the best one to go to, how much it is to study as a foreign student?

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks.

IUNA should be free, even for foreign students...It's "Instituto Universario Nacional de Arte" , it says Nacional so you know it's funded by the government, which I believe makes it free tuition-wise for everybody, you just have to pay the materials. I'm trying to go here myself, but to study permanently, from the United States, so I'm not 100% sure it's free, but I'm pretty sure, keep asking around

I'm currently studying at the UBA and they require exchange students to pay around US$400 for an "administrative fee" for the semester. So if they ask you to pay, I can't imagine it would be much more than that.

IUNA should be free, even for foreign students...It's "Instituto Universario Nacional de Arte" , it says Nacional so you know it's funded by the government, which I believe makes it free tuition-wise for everybody, you just have to pay the materials. I'm trying to go here myself, but to study permanently, from the United States, so I'm not 100% sure it's free, but I'm pretty sure, keep asking around

IUNA is free for Argentines and I'm pretty sure it's free for foreigners, but, of course, it shouldn't be free for foreigners.

There's a huge difference between IUNA and UBA though - unlike UBA, you can't just sign up and show up. You need to audition and be accepted first, and a lot of people don't get accepted. At least that's the way it is for performing arts (Drama, Dance, etc.). Not sure about Visual Arts, but it's probably a similar process.

Back