Sube cards found!

You can ge a SUBE at the SUBE center or even order it online to be delivered with OCA within 5 days.

I've had the same SUBE card since 2013 and it's starting to physically come apart; smudged lettering/ink, peeling laminate, etc. Almost a decade for anything isn't terrible, so I might be in the market for a new one myself. I had heard it's quite difficult to get your hands on one in person, so thanks for sharing. Some things don't change, had to go to 7 places to get it the 1st time haha.

I've had the same SUBE card since 2013 and it's starting to physically come apart; smudged lettering/ink, peeling laminate, etc. Almost a decade for anything isn't terrible, so I might be in the market for a new one myself. I had heard it's quite difficult to get your hands on one in person, so thanks for sharing. Some things don't change, had to go to 7 places to get it the 1st time haha.
Mine is also that old. I got one of those plastic covers for it. Still works fine.

My SUBE is also peeling from age. Tried to load credit from a banking application but was told I need another digit? Digits have been added since 2010 ?
'

Some of us have lived in the city long enough to remember hanging on to our monedas so we had them to use public transportation. There were some who hoarded coins and then sold them for a profit. Imagine that! One had to keep a dish full of coins on hand at home.

Then everything changed. The SISTEMA UNICO BOLETO ELECTRONICO went into operation during January 2012. That's when I went to Enrique Discepolo (the diagonal street between Corrientes and Callao) for a FREE SUBE card. I still have the brochure handed out with the card. We were relieved not to have to deposit coins into the box anymore. The card made boarding much faster and simpler. Charge it at Pago Facil and you're ready to travel.

I found a SUBE card that someone lost in my neighborhood. I save it for tango visitors who want to take public transportation during their visit.

Here is information about the current price of a SUBE card as of August 1, 2022. It's not $250. The government sets the price and the kioskos double the price to make a profit.

Last edited:
Back