Subte

cruizes

Registered
Hi guys,

Starting to come up with a few questions before we return to BA next month. We had purchased a Subte card that we prepaid at the subway stations. Do they still accept them. Also what is the current price for the subway and the bus. Do you get a discount if use the Subte card?

Yes. Sube card is still in use. 2.50 per subway journay and bus prices depend on where you are going to & from.

You get a significant discount on the bus, subway I can´t remember as I never look when I get on.

Also on the bus you need to use coins if you don´t have the Sube card which is an enormous pain in the backside.

Hi guys,

Starting to come up with a few questions before we return to BA next month. We had purchased a Subte card that we prepaid at the subway stations. Do they still accept them. Also what is the current price for the subway and the bus. Do you get a discount if use the Subte card?

Do you have the Sube card or the Monedero card?

Sube was introduced in 2012 and is valid on buses and on the Subte

Not sure if the Monedero is still valid.

Subway is 2.50. Bus rides are 1.50-2.35 depending on where you go.

Yes another question....

My US passport will expire in 2014 but my Argentine reciprocal visa expires in 2019. Will they accept my expired passport if it is attached to my new passport?

Monedero is no longer accepted on buses or subte. It went the way of 10 peso coffees.
You can take your Monedero card to the Sube place and they'll transfer the money. I did it at the Tribunales booth on the Palacio side.

Yes another question....

My US passport will expire in 2014 but my Argentine reciprocal visa expires in 2019. Will they accept my expired passport if it is attached to my new passport?

yes bring your expired passport.....

You guys are great! Many thanks.....

Interested in a good Spanish 101 class. Preferably a small classroom of maximum 6 or so for a few months What can you recommend? Prices, dates etc.

Back