suggestions for best wine friendly restaurants to place my wine in BA

muymalbec

Registered
i am launching my wine in a few months and would appreciate any thoughts/intros to put it in some of the better restaurants. It is a premium wine made by Santiago Achaval (www.achaval-ferrer.com).
Any thoughts/help appreciated!

[email protected]

ps i am in town this week talking to places.

Hey Jon,

Congrats on the launch! What's the retail price point going to be? Aside from the standard 4* Hotel Restaurants (La bourgogne, Tomo I, Le mistral, Plaza Grill, El bistro) I'd make sure to talk to Chila, those guys really have their act together; their wine list covers most of the stars of Argentina, not to mention they've got the best food in the city. The Hernan Gipponi Restaurant in the Fierro Hotel in Palermo draws a decent wine enthusiast crowd. Restó in Recoleta might be another although last time I was there I don't think they had many if any wines that retailed over US60.

Outside of restaurants, definitely take it to the Gran Bar Danzón in Recoleta.

When is the launch? Any plans to be at Vinos de Lujo this year? Can't wait to try it!

Philip

Also might be a good idea to get in touch with some wine stores, such as Winery which has a lot of stores around the city, as well as Grand Cru. Both have a really big selection and might be able to give you a better idea as to where to go and find contacts/buyers.

Sorry I came to this late but the place for a wine of your caliber belongs in Tarquino on R. Pena in Recoleta. Achaval Ferrer makes great wine. Suerte!

Back