Suggestions For New Year's Eve?

90daysinargentina

Registered
Hola, my name is Patrick and I'm arriving to Buenos Aires on Dec. 29th for a lengthy stay through March 31st. I'll be staying at an airbnb home in the Amalgro neighborhood about 2-3 blocks from the closest subway stop. I'm traveling by myself.

I've been reading this site for awhile, and am looking forward to meeting expats during my time there (of the 90 or so days I'm there, about 40 will be spent exploring other parts of Argentina as well as small side trips to Chile and Uruguay).

I've asked my hosts for suggestions on what to do for New Year's Eve, but they're planning on a quiet night with their parents, so I'm looking for something a bit more energetic.

A friend has suggested I just find a local club popular with locals and just jump in with both feet (and I may very well do that, but if anyone wants to meet up or has ideas, I'm all ears.

Hotels have NYE parties...$$$$ also some Confiterias $$ for a fixed menu...$$ Some clubs open at 2 AM if Employees can get there??

New year eve in CABA is super depressing.

Agreed! I spent one NYE in BA, and never again. Mostly it's just young young young people and others who can't leave town. Anyone who knows anyone is at their house and most people are outta town. My advice is to get to a fun beach, even somewhere on the river, for some fireworks and festivity. If you stay in the city, don't be out in the streets at midnight, because the number of fireworks blasting every which way is insane.

http://www.vuenosairez.com/v3/v4-resultados-agenda.php?pag=1&tipoBusq=4&dia=31&mes=12&anio=2015

there are few clubs doing parties. Most wont start til at least 1. Even if they say they open at 11:30 or 12, there will be nobody there and nothing happening til one.

Agreed! I spent one NYE in BA, and never again. Mostly it's just young young young people and others who can't leave town. Anyone who knows anyone is at their house and most people are outta town. My advice is to get to a fun beach, even somewhere on the river, for some fireworks and festivity. If you stay in the city, don't be out in the streets at midnight, because the number of fireworks blasting every which way is insane.
A couple of years ago we spent NYE at my wife's cousin's place on Rivadavia - 11th floor. We actually took some direct hits on the street-facing balcony. Porteños are certainly a high-spirited bunch! I do believe, though, that NYE here is considered more of a family holiday than one celebrated on the town.

Back