Sunday's River game

Canick

Registered
i'm told this sunday will decide if River gets to stay in the "A" league or not.
i'm also told that either way there could be a "bit of rioting".

anyone on here crazy enough to go? personally i'll be hiding under my bed as I don't live too far from there....:)

I'd come, no problem ! (I'll wear a River Plate shirt though, just by precaution).
It can turn into something really bad, anyway River can very possibly win by 3 goals : too many
financial interests (same happened in French League a few years ago with Paris Saint Germain : didn't get relegated thanks to the ref' kindness).

French jurist said:
I'd come, no problem ! (I'll wear a River Plate shirt though, just by precaution).
It can turn into something really bad, anyway River can very possibly win by 3 goals : too many
financial interests (same happened in French League a few years ago with Paris Saint Germain : didn't get relegated thanks to the ref' kindness).

There are also considerable interests who stand to gain by them going down (namely Torneos y Competencias)

...and they only need two goals to stay in Primera.

River only needs to win by two (tie the aggregate) to stay up. The deck is stack against the small teams making it up to the top division.

That being said, it will be interesting to see what happens. River hasn't scored 2 goals in a game (or perhaps it's "won by two goals") since week 2 of this season.

I read today that there will be 2,200 police officers at the game Sunday (for comparison, there were 1,200 at the Superclasico). I think it will turn really ugly if things aren't going River's way. I'm not sure the match will last the full 90 minutes, but we'll see...

The US Embassy sent out an email today advising caution about being in the area of the Monumental Sunday afternoon. I'll be watching River get relegated from the comfort of home.:)

This could definitly turn ugly but especially outside of the game and after the game.

I have been going to the monumental atleast 50 times and I personally wouldn't go to popular if you are not a really experienced futbolvisitor and/or perfect in Spanish. There will be NO police presence in the popular

Back