Superbowl Channel For Watching at Home

Xeneizes

Registered
Hey everyone,

I am planning to watch the superbowl with some friends in an apartment rather than a bar, but before we confirm the plans I want to make sure its actually going to be televised on a channel my friend has. I have watched sunday and monday night football games on ESPN, but I know NBC has the broadcast rights in the US for this years superbowl. I am not sure if this applies internationally.

Can anyone provide me information for this? I looked online without luck so far. I would prefer not to assume it will until the very last minute.

Thanks! Go Giants!

It's being broadcast on Fox Sports here, according to the Cablevision site and the tons of commercials for it that I've seen.

Yep, seems it will be on FoxSports. I'm hoping they'll have an American announcers option, but FoxSports tends to have Mexican (Spanish) announcers.

If anyone knows of a good streaming site for sound... ;)

It's also going to be live online at nbcsports.com

And yes, Fox Sports does not seem to have an English option, nor do they have the US commercials. I tried to watch some games with the sound from another online source, but the timing was off...

Sleuth said:
It's also going to be live online at nbcsports.com

And yes, Fox Sports does not seem to have an English option, nor do they have the US commercials. I tried to watch some games with the sound from another online source, but the timing was off...

I have plain old analog Cablevision (cable direct from the wall) and am able to get the English option on many channels by going to my Television's AUDIO menu and switching from "Stereo" to "SAP". It works on my Samsung-de-Argentina TV and my Sharp-de-USA TV. It works on ESPN and FoxSports on some telecasts that are originally broadcast in English, e.g. the recent Australian Open Tennis tourney, so it just might work for the Superbowl. Worth a try?
G'Luck
Jim

JamesKTusa said:
I have plain old analog Cablevision (cable direct from the wall) and am able to get the English option on many channels by going to my Television's AUDIO menu and switching from "Stereo" to "SAP". It works on my Samsung-de-Argentina TV and my Sharp-de-USA TV. It works on ESPN and FoxSports on some telecasts that are originally broadcast in English, e.g. the recent Australian Open Tennis tourney, so it just might work for the Superbowl. Worth a try?
G'Luck
Jim

It does not seem to work for NFL games. You get Spanish on both channels.

Back