Supplements/ Protein Powder/ Essential Oils Etc.

homeinbuenosaires

Registered
This is a topic that comes up here from time to time, so when I just randomly stumbled across this I thought I'd share: http://www.biovea.com/ar

It almost sounds too good to be true - they even have things (like Sunwarrior raw vegan protein powder) that I never thought would be for sale in Argentina! Lots of imported items, and they seem to be in stock. Some of the prices are a little out there, but I was surprised to see how many things I thought I'd never find here that were not too much more - and in some cases less, if not a US brand - than they would be in the US and elsewhere.

I hope this helps someone!

This is a topic that comes up here from time to time, so when I just randomly stumbled across this I thought I'd share: http://www.biovea.com/ar

It almost sounds too good to be true - they even have things (like Sunwarrior raw vegan protein powder) that I never thought would be for sale in Argentina! Lots of imported items, and they seem to be in stock. Some of the prices are a little out there, but I was surprised to see how many things I thought I'd never find here that were not too much more - and in some cases less, if not a US brand - than they would be in the US and elsewhere.

I hope this helps someone!

Thanks so much, homeinbuenosaires! I wish I had found this post 2 months ago! I've been looking for a vegan source of protein so I can do a cleanse for a week, and Sunwarrior protein powder is exactly what I use in the US, along with hemp seeds, which Biovea's site has also!! Also has my absolute favorite US organic coconut oil, Nutiva, as well as my favorite raw, organic cacao by Navitas (lots of Navitas products!) Now, if only they'd import Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar (with "the mother") I might even be able to live here more than 2-3 mos at a time (and not have to go home to do a detox). Kudos to you and thanks again!

Check this out site out, organic foodies! (see biovea url above).

Someone I know is checking into a source for grass fed beef. :)

I ordered from this site yesterday. Turns out they are not local like it proclaims, all items are shipped from either USA or Spain. Prices are listed in pesos however they fail to tell you that you will be charged in dollars and thus subject to the 35% tax. Most likely as we will know you will have problems with customs and have to pay 50% import fee. They say they will refund the import tax, no idea about the 35% tax on overseas purchases. Has anyone else ordered from them with their Argentine CC - love to hear experiences?? Does anyone know when the 35% tax is charged, if so I will push for an immediate refund before the government can claim their part of the pie.

I ordered from this site yesterday. Turns out they are not local like it proclaims, all items are shipped from either USA or Spain.

I have sent you a PM regarding this, and will edit my post. I never had enough money to order, but - being well aware of taxes/ import restrictions here, as I face problems with getting my Chinese herbs for cancer treatment into the country - scoured the site and it seemed that these problems wouldn't arise (also, I was planning to order with a US card). They do have some kind of mailing address/ phone number here I believe. Sorry for any confusion, please check inbox.

ETA: I guess I can't edit the original post anymore? Sorry! If anyone is thinking of using them, it sounds like it's best to do so with a US card (would that avoid the 35% tax?), but obviously it doesn't sound like the fantastic option I thought it would be. I'm finding more and more interesting things here in BA, though, which is nice.

I have sent you a PM regarding this, and will edit my post. I never had enough money to order, but - being well aware of taxes/ import restrictions here - scoured the site and it seemed that these problems wouldn't arise (also, I was planning to order with a US card). They do have some kind of mailing address/ phone number here I believe. Sorry for any confusion, please check inbox.
Not a problem, it's not your fault. The company needs to change the way it does business. I did some searching and there are a lot of other people out there who have been through the same thing. It's very easy and reasonable to get the impression the company is based in Argentina and charging Pesos, especially with a banner saying they ship using Correo Argentina. The only way I found out was when they sent me a tracking number from Spain of all places, set off alarm bells and the reality came to light. Hopefully once it gets to customs if it gets stopped I will reject the package and push for a refund which they said they will do, no idea how the 35% tax will come into it though and if I can get that back.

Currently at customs 'processing', the order had already been shipped by the time I tried to cancel it. I will let you all know the outcome once I get the notice to go pick it up.

Well the worst possible situation ended up arising. I got the correo letter explaining the package was ready at Aduana (apparently it had been ready since Feb 25th even though we only got the letter yesterday), partner paid the taxes using VEP on the Aduana website just like your supposed to. Brought the receipt, declaration form etc. Got told I'm not allowed to import medical products or diet supplements (it was protein powder) and that if I wanted it I would need to go to a judge and get a signed letter saying why which would cost a lot of money and time. You can imagine my face at this point... Made to feel like a criminal for importing some protein powder. So the next course of action is to get a full refund from biovea and ensure they get an earful. The original purchase was of course debited from Argentine credit card in $US and the 35% was taken out at the same time + the 50% VEP tax. My partner also ended up feeling like shit from the way the Aduana agent spoke to her. His advice was forget the money and move on and don't bother importing anything. I have a feeling the protein will end up at one of the agents homes, however I will ensure I get my money back from Biovea.

The webpage is devious. I was looking at it and they have an address in Buenos Aires, one in Cordoba, Spain and in Dallas, Texas. I would definitely have a bone to pick with them.

Back