Swimming Clubs/Pools

x-b99

Registered
Hi everyone,
I'm going to be coming to spend several months in Buenos Aires beginning in late february, and I was wondering if anyone had any helpful information about swimming in the city?
In a past life I competed internationally, and I still swim at least a couple of hours a day, and I hope to continue this during my time away (and perhaps even do a few races!).
I'm going to be working in the Olivos neighbourhood, unfortunately I don't know where my allotted accommodation will be yet, but hopefully it won't be too far away, so if anyone has any information or contact details for local swimming teams, or failing that, clubs with swimming pools, it would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Hello
Planet Fitness has a website with a swimming pool on Rivadavia at 2000 in Congreso can`t recall very well the address but you can check this out at the site. Iam planning to take my kids to swimming classes and is not expensive by the way prices are on the site as well www.gymnplanet or try planet fitness
Reina

There is a club in Chacarita called "Splash" that has a good pool an is competition sized. It costs 60 pesos per session. If you become a member of the club, it's about 160 per month. You have to do an EKG with a doctor beforehand to become a member. There must be something closer to Olivos though.

50 meter indoor lap pool in palermo (if u end up living there), at Juan B Gusto and El salvador. not the highest standards, but pretty good. dont know the name though

The chains of Gyms such as Megatlon Sportclub and such have swimming pools
and they have gyms in the province.
Most hotels have pools and charge for day passes.....
Additionally you have municipal pools which are very inexpensive.... i know of some in Capital not in Olivos but I am sure in Vicente Lopez there are a couple.... someone once mentioned

Back