Switching Dni From Work Based To Married

DMGood

Registered
I am looking for anyone who has changed their DNI from a work based to one based on marriage. I have been employed here in BA for almost a year, as my employer sponsored me for a DNI. I recently got married and need to know what the process is and what documents I need to take to switch my DNI to one based on marriage. Has anyone gone through this process? Any help will be appreciated!!!

Lot of American chicks coming here and within no time, marrying Argies without breaking a sweat!

Food for thought!

I am looking for anyone who has changed their DNI from a work based to one based on marriage. I have been employed here in BA for almost a year, as my employer sponsored me for a DNI. I recently got married and need to know what the process is and what documents I need to take to switch my DNI to one based on marriage. Has anyone gone through this process? Any help will be appreciated!!!

The sooner you start using the advance search feature of this site (click on the sprocket next to the magnifying glass), the sooner you will find answers to your questions.
emo32.gif

Newly Married Dni Question

Recently Married, How Do I Get Permanent Residency?

Moving To Ba To Marry And Stay.

Us Citizen Marrying An Argentine. Paperwork Advice

Residency By Marriage Risks?

Residency after marriage

Another residency after marriage question

PS: You will be applying for permanent residency, so you will need all of the docs listed on the migraciones website. This may include your birth certificate (which is not required for temporary residency).

Thanks Steve, but I actually do know how to use the search function and have searched, using all options, and not found an answer to my specific question. I know how to get a DNI after I am married if I did not already have one...that is the topic of all the threads I read. My question is how do I switch my DNI, that I already have, from work based to marriage based. I am hoping, since I am already in the system, that I do not have to start all over with my background checks, etc. I have supplied all this information, translated, within the last year. So, if anyone has an answer to that question it would be great, or if you can point me to a topic that I missed that covers this subject, that would be great too.

My question is how do I switch my DNI, that I already have, from work based to marriage based. I am hoping, since I am already in the system, that I do not have to start all over with my background checks, etc. I have supplied all this information, translated, within the last year. So, if anyone has an answer to that question it would be great, or if you can point me to a topic that I missed that covers this subject, that would be great too.

In order to "switch" your DNI from work to marriage base, you will have to ask (specifically) for the cambio de categoria from temporary to permanent residency based on marriage. You will need to supply the proof of your marriage, your wife's DNI (and possibly her birth certificate), probably a new Argentine police report for yourself (they're required for all renewals and cambio de categorias), and possibly your birth certificate (double check to see if this is still required).

You won't need a new background check from your home country.

I renewed my temporary residency three times and I was granted permanent residency on the third renewal. I had to supply the same information each time. I did not have to provide a new background report from the USA or my birth certificate (which was required when I first received temporary residency in 2006) for the renewals or the cambio de catgoria. Migraciones always had an "original" copy of my birth certificate (with Apostille) in my file and I provided photocopies of all pages of my passport (including the blank ones) every year.
emo32.gif

PS: to last post: I believe you will need to present a cerfificado de domicilio to migraciones as well.
emo32.gif

Back