Swordsticks?

Caz

Registered
Here is an interesting one. I am a bit of a collector and have always had the urge to own one of these things. Has anybody in their travels in and around Buenos Aires encountered a place that sells sword sticks? The sort of thing I am talking about is a gentleman's walking stick with a sword inside it. I would love to buy a nice antique one but if its too expensive a good quality reproduction one would be fine too. Yes, I know, its a strange question but once a collector...

Barrio Chino. An elderly gentleman I know was looking for a new walking stick and couldn't work out why some of them were 20 pesos and other apparently identical but heavier ones 120. Sorry, I couldn't tell you which store or intersection and I doubt if the old chap could remember either. But if you find that they now cost 200 or more, you'll realise that this happened more than a year ago.

Reactions: Caz
Anybody know the legality of carrying these in buenos aires?

Many thanks for that Elhombresinombre :) It looks like I might have to go for a bit of a shopping expedition tonight. It will give me an excuse to get some exercise anyway lol

Thanks again Elhombresinombre:) Short term solution achieved for 110 pesos :) BUT a connection made with an antique dealer in San Telmo will result in me picking up something much more special soon - of the expensive and antique European variety :) What can I say? Being a collector is a kind of addiction I suppose. There is no point in fighting it - you just have to go with it lol.

Back