T-Mobile Offering Free Data And Text In Argentina....

And I'm sure it will work great on the network here with absolutely no hiccups!!

"While the data is free, it won't be particularly fast. Customers can expect network speeds at around the same level that they get in the US after they are throttled. Chief Marketing Officer Mike Sievert said the average speed customers would get would be around 128 kilobits a second."

"While the data is free, it won't be particularly fast. Customers can expect network speeds at around the same level that they get in the US after they are throttled. Chief Marketing Officer Mike Sievert said the average speed customers would get would be around 128 kilobits a second."

so they're getting a faster speed than us locals! :lol:

This was my FB status about 2 weeks ago:

5fyhLkN.png

Got it at Uruguay y Corrientes +/- 7:10 AM

I'm wondering if it would be cheaper than having a plan here, especially if you hardly ever make phone calls with your smartphone.

T mobile is $80 a month in the states and $10 for each additional person. Data is fast for 500mb and slow after that. If you are a traveler it would be a great deal. If you are in BA for some time I think a pay as you go for $1AR per day for data and $2.50 per minute talk time(if these are still available) are a way better deal.

Tom

T-Mobile has an unlimited data plan with 100 minutes talk time for US$30/month. That is the plan I have with them.

T-Mobile has an unlimited data plan with 100 minutes talk time for US$30/month. That is the plan I have with them.
$30 USD ~ $280 Pesos (blue): That is enough for a decent plan here were you have speeds significantly above 128kb/s.

$30 USD ~ $280 Pesos (blue): That is enough for a decent plan here were you have speeds significantly above 128kb/s.

If you are only in Argentina, yes. If you go back and forth to the US a lot (like me), the T-Mobile thing is a great deal, since now I have two countries on a single monthly fee (actually, 100+ countries).

Back