Tahini In Ba

Where can I get it in BA?

Want to make my own Hummus!! :D

You can buy sesame paste (tahini) at most any good dietetica (health food store). Look for SYTARI brand, pasta de sesamo. It's made in Argentina, and it's a superb product. Beware, however, that the going price has increased substantially in the past several years. I purchased some two months ago and paid AR$95.00 for a 450 gram (16 ounce) jar! Ouch!

Make your own tahini:

100 gr sesame seeds (unhulled)
1/2 tsp sea salt
Good Quality Olive Oil
Water
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Blend all ingredients in an electric blender, slowly adding Olive Oil and water until the Tahini is the consistency you desire.
Some people prefer it thicker than others, some like it more watery, especially if they are going to use it for dressings.
Have fun!

Agree with DG77 on the homemade. If not, go to one of the Armenian stores. try Damascus on Scalabrini Ortiz between Niceto Vega and Cabrera. If that's out of your zip code, Barrio Chino has it too.

Make your own tahini:

100 gr sesame seeds (unhulled)
1/2 tsp sea salt
Good Quality Olive Oil
Water
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
Blend all ingredients in an electric blender, slowly adding Olive Oil and water until the Tahini is the consistency you desire.
Some people prefer it thicker than others, some like it more watery, especially if they are going to use it for dressings.
Have fun!

Ha ha, and I thought my hummus was pure by always boiling my own garbanzos! Man, how many sore wrists have I had from "stirring the tahini."

As soon as I get back to civilization, I'm going to make this.

Thanks guys Ill pop to the barrio chino and have a look or dietetica and have a look.

Im in to keeping things simple so I dont really want to be making it!

Cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Davidglen77 Expat Life 18
Back