Taking a dog to Colombia - Which airlines?

Avianca allows pets in cabin on domestic (Colombia) and Latin American flights, not on international flights beyond Latin America or so they say online. You'll have to call and double check.

This site could be useful to you:
http://www.pettravel.com/airline_rules.cfm

There is a drop down menu where you choose each airline individually. Avianca is the only Columbian airline I know. You might want to check other airlines that may fly BA to Medellin.

Then you can check their website. I found this PDF that has the rules. But haven't a clue how old this document is. Let us know if you find anything else.

Perhaps Im a little off topic, but a flight from Argentina to Colombia is not a domestic flight. For my understanding it is an international one.

Roxana said:
Perhaps Im a little off topic, but a flight from Argentina to Colombia is not a domestic flight. For my understanding it is an international one.

By "domestic" I meant within Colombia which is why Colombia is in parenthesis. But I can see how my sentence could confuse those who don't know that flights within the countries of Latin America are international. I'll try to be less careless with my writing in the future as clearly sloppy writing can be misread. :)

Regardless, I realize now that what I wrote wasn't correct anyway and I should have just copied the text from the PDF. It is written much clearer that I ever could:
"Carrying pets as carry-on baggage is possible in all domestic flights. It is also possible in international flights within the Americas; however it is not possible for flights to/from Spain or other countries beyond."

Back