Taking My Dog With Me...Assistance Needed

BKK to BA

Registered
Im taking the dog I adopted here with me to Thailand and I need to get shots and health certificate.I know theres a thread on here containing the info of someone who does that that speaks English but I cant seem to find it.

Also any suggestions that you can add would be appreciated.Its a 30 hour flight and I want to keep her as happy and healthy as possible.

Thanks!

I've traveled with my dogs to the US and to Uruguay many times, but never to Thailand. For whatever it's worth, here's what I know.

The dog needs to have been vaccinated for rabies - the certificate must be at least a month old, and not more than a year old.

She'll also need a vet's certificate of good health, dated not earlier than ten days before the trip.

Get together
1 - the health certificate,
2 - the original rabies certificate,
3 - a photocopy of that certificate,
4 - a photocopy of your ID.

Then go to SENASA to get the proper exit papers. They will give you the original rabies certificate back, along with the official exit papers for your dog. Remember that those papers are good for TEN DAYS only.

There's a forty peso fee for that, and the whole thing takes under half an hour. Your vet may do this for a fee - mine charges a hundred and fifty pesos, so I do it myself. The only tricky part is remembering the deadlines - the rest is simple.

You may want to check with

SENASA
Unidad Regional Operativa
Paseo Colon 367
(1063 ACD) Ciudad Autonoma
de Buenos Aires
Tel: 054 11-4121-5137
(0054-11) 4121-5000 o 0800-999-2386
[email protected]

Hope this helps. Please feel free to PM if I can help in any way.
Good luck

Sara

For the plane trip, put an unwashed T-shirt in her crate - she'll be reassured by the familiar scent.

BKK to BA said:
Im taking the dog I adopted here with me to Thailand and I need to get shots and health certificate.I know theres a thread on here containing the info of someone who does that that speaks English but I cant seem to find it.

Also any suggestions that you can add would be appreciated.Its a 30 hour flight and I want to keep her as happy and healthy as possible.

Thanks!

And if I recall correctly, her name is chew-chew ? It sounds quite oriental so it's perfect for her to go to Thailand ! Congrats.

Since there will be at least one stop (maybe in the northern hemisphere where it's summer now ?), you need to make sure she will be given water at some point and flying provokes dehydratation too. I don't think a dog can make it spending 30 hours without water.

Another tip for the plane trip: stick a sign to the crate that says: My name is Chu-Chu - Please talk to me...! I did that and my dogs got lots of extra attention.

At the airport they allowed me to pre-check dogs and crates, and then take the dogs outside until the last boarding call. That cut an hour off the time they spent caged.

One more thing: all the vets I consulted were against giving the dogs tranquilizers. That's because they have very poor temperature control, and need to be alert to pant if it is too hot, and to curl up it if is cold.

There was a thread with a lot of information from a former airline pilot about flying pets - I'll try to find it.

SaraSara said:
Another tip for the plane trip: stick a sign to the crate that says: My name is Chu-Chu - Please talk to me...! I did that and my dogs got lots of extra attention.

At the airport they allowed me to pre-check dogs and crates, and then take them outside until the last boarding call. That cut an hour off the time they spent caged.

One more thing: all the vets I consulted were against giving the dog tranquilizers. That's because they have very poor temperature control, and need to be alert to pant if it is too hot, and to curl up it if is cold.

There was a thread with a lot of information from a former airline pilot about flying pets - I'll try to find it.

I used a sign too when flying with my dog from Paris (13 hours).
The sign said both in english/spanish/french that the last time he got water was xx:xx (Paris time) and xx:xx (Buenos Aires time).

French jurist said:
And if I recall correctly, her name is chew-chew ? It sounds quite oriental so it's perfect for her to go to Thailand ! Congrats.

Yup Choochoo is her name,shes a great dog....

I contacted PetsVentura today and they told me that the rabies vaccination needed to be at least one month old prior to flying,which is going to present a problem.

If anyone knows of a vet who might be willing to help me out with a rabies vaccination certificate retrodated,ChooChoo and I would appreciate it.Alot!

All vets I've been too were willing to provide back-dated rabies certificates. They knew my dogs were well cared for, and had not been exposed to rabies. They seemed to regard the month thing as just an example of annoying red tape.

Ask your regular vet, and if you have no luck try several other vet shops. My vet here would probably do it, but I'm out in San Isidro.

How old is Choo-choo's rabies certificate? It is valid for a whole year.

SaraSara said:
All vets I've been too were willing to provide back-dated rabies certificates. They knew my dogs were well cared for, and had not been exposed to rabies. They seemed to regard the month thing as just an example of annoying red tape.

Ask your regular vet, and if you have no luck try several other vet shops. My vet here would probably do it, but I'm out in San Isidro.

How old is Choo-choo's rabies certificate? It is valid for a whole year.

I dont have any of her paperwork.She was dropped off at my place severely malnourished and dirty,in as is condition w/ nothing much else.The guy that brought her over claimed to have these docs but I havent been able to reach him.

Back