taking paintings out of Argentina

mcf

Registered
There are apparently strict procedures about taking paintings out of Argentina to protect valuable cultural artifacts from being exported. Does anyone know the procedure of how to register or have paintings "approved" as not being patrimony so that they can be taken out of Argentina? Thank you.

It's enormously complex and was detailed here a few years ago by an expat who moved to Colombia. If the pieces are small you can put them in a suitase and hope for the best. I don't know where the posts are here about this topic. Maybe you can find them.

I have taken one old painting, that I bought from an auction by Suipacha. When I passed the security at EZE, the police asked me to cut open the wrapping,
I had the invoice taped on the back of the painting, the value was $800 dollars or something, it showed when and where I bought it. They did not say much after that, and let me pass the custom.

I have taken one old painting, that I bought from an auction by Suipacha. When I passed the security at EZE, the police asked me to cut open the wrapping,
I had the invoice taped on the back of the painting, the value was $800 dollars or something, it showed when and where I bought it. They did not say much after that, and let me pass the custom.

When was that?

I have transported rolled up artworks carry on by using a plastic tube for architectural blueprints- they are available in BA at stationary or art supply stores. I have checked Sonotubes (big cardboard tubes used for forms for concrete columns) without problem as well- but I bought the sonotube in the US, I am not sure if you can get it in BA or not.

Thank you all for your helpful information. I am still trying to access the " Aviso de Exportación para obra de artistas vivos o fallecidos hasta hace 50 años", the new form that promises to shortcut the complications of getting permission in the past - thank you London2Baires. However, though I have tried clicking on the "Tramitas a Distancia" link within the government's cultura.gob.ar website, and have tried to access the same form from other vantages, I can't access it. I wondered if it were being altered and so unavailable. Is it just me? Can anyone access this form and help me? Again, all the information posted was very helpful. Thank you all.

Back