Tango in C.A.B.A. where to go for authentic dance, not acrobatics

toast

Registered
There seem to be many threads on tango, but elderly family members will be in Bs. As. in October, and they want to see some tango. It would be good to see tango with real bandoleon musicians, indoors, with seating, and top class dancers. I have seen a tango show with lots of wild circus acrobatic moves, which I loathed, and it was served with mediocre food. Any suggestions?

There seem to be many threads on tango, but elderly family members will be in Bs. As. in October, and they want to see some tango. It would be good to see tango with real bandoleon musicians, indoors, with seating, and top class dancers. I have seen a tango show with lots of wild circus acrobatic moves, which I loathed, and it was served with mediocre food. Any suggestions?
Hoy Milonga is a website that lists the milongas where regular people dance. Many have live music. Many have nice kitchens that serve regular Argie fare. Make a reservation and enjoy. You don't say where in town you are. There are several that start early on my side of town. Very traditional. Nuevo Chique. Tuesday and Thursday. Club Gricel. Different milonga every night of the week. Lucy's milonga on Monday starts at 6:00. El Beso on Corrientes has quite a few early milongas. Tuesday, Champagne Tango is very nice.

Most of the tango shows are held in beautiful historic buildings and if you don't want to pay for dinner, they give you a couple of empanadas and a drink for a reasonable price if you make the reservation as a DNI holder. Three shows that I found entertaining were at Cafe Angelitos, Tango Porteno and Piazzolla Tango. Were there any acrobatics? Probably, but I don't remember being bothered by them. I would not recommend Madero Tango. If you decide to go to a local milonga, post here again with the exact date that you want to go, and you'll get more precise recommendations where to find live entertainment. The website HoyMilonga has so many options you will probably be overwhelmed.

What happened to La Viruta ? no longer on mentioned..?

Most of the tango shows are held in beautiful historic buildings and if you don't want to pay for dinner, they give you a couple of empanadas and a drink for a reasonable price if you make the reservation as a DNI holder. Three shows that I found entertaining were at Cafe Angelitos, Tango Porteno and Piazzolla Tango. Were there any acrobatics? Probably, but I don't remember being bothered by them. I would not recommend Madero Tango. If you decide to go to a local milonga, post here again with the exact date that you want to go, and you'll get more precise recommendations where to find live entertainment. The website HoyMilonga has so many options you will probably be overwhelmed.
They are asking to see non show tango. The tango regular people dance is nothing like show tango

Back