Tango in the Time of Covid

elhombresinnombre

Registered
As far as I know, there is only one commercial tangueria in Bahia Blanca and it's on the market:

As far as I know, there is only one commercial tangueria in Bahia Blanca and it's on the market:

What exactly does that say? It's a tough time to be in that business.

And it's a terrible thing to be selling in a down market.

It is a bad time for tango dancing, I know about 15 people I who died for covid at Milongas.

During my daily walk today at the nearby plaza, I saw two husky young men give one another a hug as they met. I applauded them, and I told them that we need to get back to that custom as soon as possible.

I have a long list of milongueros/as that I want to check up on by telephone and see how they are doing without dancing for so long.. I had an hour-long conversation with a milonguera yesterday who heard about a milonga in Recoleta that has permission from the city to operate. The venue holds 150 persons, but they are restricted to 50 -- 25 couples is the limit. She didn't know the day or hours, but the location is Santa Fe 2516.

Thanks for posting the article from The Guardian.

During my daily walk today at the nearby plaza, I saw two husky young men give one another a hug as they met. I applauded them, and I told them that we need to get back to that custom as soon as possible.

I have a long list of milongueros/as that I want to check up on by telephone and see how they are doing without dancing for so long.. I had an hour-long conversation with a milonguera yesterday who heard about a milonga in Recoleta that has permission from the city to operate. The venue holds 150 persons, but they are restricted to 50 -- 25 couples is the limit. She didn't know the day or hours, but the location is Santa Fe 2516.

Thanks for posting the article from The Guardian.
Can you please post more info about it? Thanks.

For what is worth,…there’s free tango dancing every Saturday after 4pm in Parque Patricios park At the corner of Monteagudo and Caseros Ave. The H subway line stops right in front of it, very safe neighborhood. Unlike the couple in the video that was made before the Covid-19 crisis, It’s mostly mom and pop crowd, everybody wears a mask.

For what is worth,…there’s free tango dancing every Saturday after 4pm in Parque Patricios park At the corner of Monteagudo and Caseros Ave. The H subway line stops right in front of it, very safe neighborhood. Unlike the couple in the video that was made before the Covid-19 crisis, It’s mostly mom and pop crowd, everybody wears a mask.
Until I have both my jabs and proof that the partner has both jabs, I am not dancing tango anywhere.

Even then. We have to be realistic. Milongas will return eventually, but they won't be the ones we remember, as we remember them, in the venues we remember.

Even then. We have to be realistic. Milongas will return eventually, but they won't be the ones we remember, as we remember them, in the venues we remember.
Absolutely. Lots of the old guys I loved dancing with are gone. And my favorite milongas may not be back. And I will be another year or two older. I am grateful I had 15 years of dancing tango in Buenos Aires before the pandemic.

Back