Tango Lovers: Great New Yorker Article

sergio

Registered
http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/dancing/2013/09/02/130902crda_dancing_acocella

Oh how sad I, a tango dancer who's studied the dance in BA exclusively become when I'm directed to an article about tango, go to that website, and follow the 'free trial' click only to learn that I must commit myself to paying $US 67 so as to read one 'free' article!

Sorry. Are you sure you can not access the entore article? I was able to.

Just click the link below the article, not the one on the top...

It asked me to subscribe for the whole article too.. and the link took me to the Cartie website

Just now I tried clicking the link BELOW the article. That led to more notices page after page telling me I could get a 'free trial' by just subscribing, and multiple advertisements about what I was missing out on. Eventually found my way onto a FAQ page that would tell me how to get that free trial if I was outside the USA. Then I was given the choice of "Canada" or "International". Clicking on the latter (I'm in France), I was directed to pay an annual $60 or $67 depending upon where I lived -the US or Canada or 'International' - so as to enable the mag to give me something free which would be a free month only after I'd paid for eleven or twelve.

Imagine what we'd think of our society if each time one of us was about to hand a birthday present to somebody, we played this "New Yorker" mag scam!

Back