Tango Teachers (Going Rate???)

Lulu-Kyoko

Registered
What is the going rate per hour for a private tango teacher?

I realize that there are many, many tango teachers out there. I also realize that there are many who specifically target the tourist trade. So far, I have been quoted 50 USD, 75 USD or more per hour.

That is too much for me. I am not trying to be cheap but, really, I am not a tango tourist...

Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably-priced-but-still-decent tango teacher?

I speak Argie Spanish so language is not an issue.

Gracias!

Hey!
If you are a woman, tango piola runs private lessons for 12usd an hour.
Google it.

I have communicated with Christian the owner and he told me this info. I will be taking classes with him, although I'm already a good dancer.

If you want his email address PM me.

What is the going rate per hour for a private tango teacher?

I realize that there are many, many tango teachers out there. I also realize that there are many who specifically target the tourist trade. So far, I have been quoted 50 USD, 75 USD or more per hour.

That is too much for me. I am not trying to be cheap but, really, I am not a tango tourist...

Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably-priced-but-still-decent tango teacher?

I speak Argie Spanish so language is not an issue.

Gracias!

never pay more than 150 pesos /hora

Women don t need private lessons, just technique clases.
I suggest Yuyu Herrera, Rosita Perez at Sunderland Club, Elina Roldan, Claude Murga, Florencia Argento.
Those are masters. The big deal about BA is to learn from the best.

many places for free: casa del bicentenario every Wednesday, many centros culturales, most excellent teachers no more than 60 pesos the group lesson though I don't know the private lesson.

I use Sonia Peralta at 200 pesos per private class. Group classes before milongas are an excellent way to start. I'd reccomend private classes after you've had about 8-10 group ones. IMHO, Privates are most valuable for technique! And technique comes after you've had some knowledge of the basic concepts of connection, communication and steps. The classes at the milongas include entry to the milonga where you can practice with your fellow students, get familiar with the music, and watch others. Without practice taking private classes would be a waste of money for a beginner.

Hey!
Google it.

I have communicated with Christian the owner and he told me this info. I will be taking classes with him, although I'm already a good dancer.

Hey!
Google it.

If you are not a woman, you pay him and his female partner. He is a good teacher, though.

If you don't speak spanish, what is the recommendation?

My boyfriend is a English Speaking Tango Teacher...his private classes currently go for about 200 pesos per person per hour. Send me a PM if you want more details!

Back