Tax Mitigation Strategies for Expats

Musicman

Registered
Hi All,

Could you expat experts share any tips and secrets for avoiding taxes in Argentina?

Should I decide to return to Argentina how do I best protect my (not insignificant) wealth from the Argentina tax authorities?

How far can you bend the rules and get away with it? Do they really check up on expats? How do I get money into the country without alerting the tax people?

I have dual Italian & Argentine citizenship and wondering how I can keep the tax authorities off of my hard earned money. I plan to come back as an Italian rather than Argentinian. St Tropez is becoming a bit boring to be honest.

What are the top tricks you expars use to avoid or minimise paying taxes on global income and/or local income.

Really interested to hear your thoughts and ideas

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
MM

In Argentina you are an argentine citizen. so, I suggest you arrive on your AR ID at Ezeiza because there are SC precedents that allows to cancel your AR citizenship if you use another passport when you arrive.
Taxation in Argentina is based on domicile and residencia depending on the Law. Wealth follows the first, income tax the second.
I suggest you come with a DNI with your address abroad, and you keep it like that.
Here people use Xoom or Western Union.
If you do not enroll AFIP and you do not have bank account/credit cards, you should be fine.
When you buy real estate, in CABA is more complicated while in BA Province it is a no questions asked matter.
There are 2 active thread about it. One is "5 Americans Rejected...", the second is this one:

(I´m not an expat, instead a local lawyer)

The wealth tax is no longer based on domicile. It is now the same as income tax. This is what I keep banging on about:

LEY DE SOLIDARIDAD SOCIAL Y REACTIVACIÓN PRODUCTIVA EN EL MARCO DE LA EMERGENCIA PÚBLICA
Decreto 99/2019
DCTO-2019-99-APN-PTE - Ley N° 27.541. Reglamentación.

Ciudad de Buenos Aires, 27/12/2019

ARTÍCULO 13.- Toda referencia que efectúen las normas legales, reglamentarias y complementarias sobre el nexo de vinculación “domicilio” con relación al impuesto sobre los bienes personales, debe entenderse referida a “residencia” de conformidad a lo previsto en el artículo 116 y siguientes de la Ley de Impuesto a las Ganancias, texto ordenado en 2019 y sus modificaciones.

Back