Tax Rules In Argentina and opening a bank account

Vamosalaplaya

Registered
Hi guys

I was just wondering whether or not I can open a bank account in Argentina with no residency or anything?

I am currently making a substantial monthly income online and need this to go into whathever account In either Argentina/Panama/Belize or wherever I can use my cash with creditcard while in buenos Aires.

However I want to avoid paying taxes because my services have nothing to do with Argentina and my stream of income is from outside Argentina.

What are your suggestions?

Well, if you live in Argentina, resident or not, you are supposed to pay your taxes here.

As for opening a bank account with no residency, although a very few people got lucky in the past opening one, it is now impossible (or should be impossible since we are in Argentina).

Good luck

If you succeed in opening an account here, you'll have AFIP/ARBA and all the rest crawling all over you when they notice the income 'stream'.
No one in their right mind channels money from income derived outside Arg into an Arg bank account.
You'd be well advised to seek professional advice and/or have the money paid into an account from where you originate.
Banking here is not like most other countries.

I did notice that the bank rules have seemed to change, as most employees at Banco Ciudad (the only bank that did allow accounts) look at me strangely when I pull out my US passport and explain that I do have an account there.

Get a USAA bank account if you can. Have your money deposited there, and use an ATM to withdraw cash. They have an international ATM fee reimbursement plan, which is nice.

Opening an account in Belize seems a little dramatic...can't you just open a Charles Schwab online checking account, and set up a direct deposit for your paycheck? Then you can use your debit card or withdraw cash anywhere, with no currency-exchange fees or ATM surcharges. I have Schwab and couldn't be happier with the international benefits.

MizzMarr said:
Get a USAA bank account if you can. Have your money deposited there, and use an ATM to withdraw cash. They have an international ATM fee reimbursement plan, which is nice.

starlucia said:
Opening an account in Belize seems a little dramatic...can't you just open a Charles Schwab online checking account, and set up a direct deposit for your paycheck? Then you can use your debit card or withdraw cash anywhere, with no currency-exchange fees or ATM surcharges. I have Schwab and couldn't be happier with the international benefits.

Not sure Vamosalaplaya is a US Citizen or wants the US government to know about his Internet income either, so US accounts may not work for him. Both Argentina and the US have taxes on "worldwide income." The US has a $91,400 exclusion for citizens living overseas however.

Uruguay has banking secrecy laws and has become the new Switzerland though there is talk about how long that will last...

Back