Taxi From Ezeiza With Usd?

EDC

Registered
Hi All,

Quick question - do taxi drivers accept USD nowadays in Bs As and if so, at what kind of rate? Also how much is the standard ride from Ezeiza now?

Thanks in advance for any help! D.

Everyone accepts USD dollars now days. Last time I heard the rate is $250 pesos from Ezeiza to Buenos Aires.

I took a cab last wed.11/20 From Eze. to Constitucion, I paid $380 pesos.
I gave the driver $30.00 pesos tip when I arrived home.
This was with the Tienda Leon company.
As soon as you clear customs & go past the electric doors on the left hand side
there are a bunch of booths from different taxi companies.
I'm sure they'll be happy to take your U$D but 99% sure that it's going to be at the official rate.
BTW, you pay at the booth, not the driver.

I took a cab last wed.11/20 From Eze. to Constitucion, I paid $380 pesos.
I gave the driver $30.00 pesos tip when I arrived home.
This was with the Tienda Leon company.
As soon as you clear customs & go past the electric doors on the left hand side
there are a bunch of booths from different taxi companies.
I'm sure they'll be happy to take your U$D but 99% sure that it's going to be at the official rate.
BTW, you pay at the booth, not the driver.
Don't use this one with USD

I paid AR$180 going to EZE last week after seeing a flyer on a trash can (the orange kind that are on street corners/mid-block on light poles) in Palermo Hollywood. It said "AR$160", but the increase was due to tolls being included. (Kind of like "Not Including Tax" vs "Tax Included" in the US.)

I paid $170 to go and $190 to return 2 weeks ago from a remis I found on mercadolibre. The driver was very professional, well dressed, helpful and punctual. You guys who are paying 400 pesos are getting robbed.

I would rather pay the extra with Tienda Leon because they are reliable, the last 2 times I booked a remis with different companies one failed to show and the other turned up in scrap on wheels. The trunk of the car was full of assorted rubbish so we had to sit with suitcases on our knees.

For reliability I'll pay the extra 100 pesos.

Btw - You can pay by credit card with Tienda Leon at the airport, keep the dollars for the blue exchange.

There is a ripoff hotel in Palermo Hollywood, charging their guests USD90 for EZE picking up.
It's called Own-Hollywood or something.

Back