Taxi With A Fast Meter

TomAtAlki

Registered
Anyone know where I report a taxi with an extremely fast meter so someone else doesn't get ripped off?

T/

I have been using taxis for so many years ( since 2007) in Buenos Aires and usually out of every 20 taxis I hailed, one was a bad one.

But last 3-6 months, I noticed a alarming downward trend. Almost every 2nd taxi driver is trying to rip me off. And I usually use 4-5 taxis a day.

I am wondering if this is the UBER effect or is it inflation?

I have no idea. This meter was at triple speed, going so fast I thought we were in NYC.
Nancy

http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/tramites/reclamo-por-servicio-de-taxis-y-remises

That used to be very popular back in the 80s, it was called " piripipi " some cabs had a hidden button that the driver would use to speed up the meter... I thought it was gone but I guess not :(

That used to be very popular back in the 80s, it was called " piripipi " some cabs had a hidden button that the driver would use to speed up the meter... I thought it was gone but I guess not :(

I immediately thought of the "piripipi" as well B)

On the way home from dinner last night we got into a taxi with no ID on the back of the seat. We got out. The one with the fast meter also didn't have ID on the back of the seat.
N
It could be a taxi trucho... there are some circulating in specific areas still.

any reasons for this increase in petty crime by the cabbies?

Uber or inflation?

Back