Taxi With A Fast Meter

The thief taxi was Radio Taxi "RED TAX & CITY TAX" 4585 5544.

So much for Radio Taxi's being "safe".

T/

Had a thief taxi on Feb 19th, 2018. We departed the caminito area and I noticed that the meter was advancing at random. I asked the driver if there was a new algorithm to increase the taxi meter and it was now advancing by a combination of distance and time elapsed. After my question, and as by magic, the meter started to be increased only by distance (the taxi seldom caught a traffic light); his answer to my question was that it was happening because not all the blocks were of the same lenght!!!. PIRIPIPI is still alive and well.

The taxis at tourist areas are notorious for this. If you take a taxi from caminito, buquebus or aeroparque this is likely to happen to you.

I had one a few years back, I told him he was too expensive and would only pay what I should. After a short argument, he took my money and gave me his card, if I should want to use him again. Sinverguenza.
Now I just do not use taxis. Rip me off and I go elsewhere.

Hello there.... I'd like to use Uber, but don't know how to go about it. I've a US-issue Visa card. Would anyone please help me? Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Hello there.... I'd like to use Uber, but don't know how to go about it. I've a US-issue Visa card. Would anyone please help me? Any pointers will be much appreciated.
For Buenos Aires you can choose the cash option "efectivo". That should be the easiest way.

On the way home from dinner last night we got into a taxi with no ID on the back of the seat. We got out. The one with the fast meter also didn't have ID on the back of the seat.
N
Some cabs do have an ID on the back of the seat, showing the name/pic of the owner, not the surrogate driver, some don't have a photo. Call Uber...!

I was tempted to assualt a driver who tried to rip me off - the peice of shit kept sniffing his nose the whole trip (bad drug habit most likely). Price changed by 150 pesos in last 2 blocks and I called him out - he denied it went on about the new rates balalal - not worth arguing with a degenerate who has the brain of a gold fish. I paid him the original fair before he changed it and left with my bags - I was ready to go if he wanted to make problems. The moral of the story - watch the meter like a hawk - if its starts to play up then stop and call the driver out - give them what you feel is 'fair' and leave. Also check for fake notes before you get out the taxi...

Back