Teaching jobs available starting mid-January

starlucia

Registered
I'm getting ready to go on an extended vacation abroad, and will be leaving behind a few English students. These classes are through an institute, so while the pay is lame, the students are lovely and the director will treat you well. Please contact me if you're TEFL-certified, preferably American (as per the students' request), and interested in taking over any or all of these classes (I'll fill you in on all of their backgrounds and learning styles before you start):

Tues, 12:30-2 & Fri, 12:30-1:30, Microcentro ($40/hr)
3 thirty-something women at Coca-Cola, advanced conversation (with additional hours beginning in Feb). They're very well-traveled/well-informed, so the conversations are interesting and you get unlimited free Coke products while there :)

Thurs, 12:30-2, Palermo ($40/hr)
4-5 young professionals at an Internet start-up, intermediate/advanced. Very laid-back atmosphere and they've all got great attitudes/senses of humor.

Mon, 4:45-6:45, Belgrano ($50/hr)
2 kids, a 7-year-old boy and an 8-year old girl. You're basically just playing with them in Spanglish (usually Legos with him and American Girl or art projects with her.)

Tues & Thurs, 6-7:30 & Wed, 5-6:30, downtown ($40/hr)
Young female doctor, intermediate conversation. Working on pronunciation and fluency in preparation for a job in NYC.

Hello! My name is Nina and I recently moved to BsAs from the United States. I am a certified teacher and interested in taking over your students! Thanks!

Hi,

Are you still looking for someone to fill your place while away?
I am looking for some teaching jobs at the moment. I have ample experience teaching ESL in a few different countries, having worked with diverse age groups. I taught at the University of Chiang Mai, in Thailand, for a total of 2 years, and this past year I was a volunteer teacher at a community center in one of the villas of BsAs, working primarily with young students. Additionally, I have taught one-on-one courses and can provide references if necessary.
I am fluent in Spanish, and though I do not use it in my teaching, I can easily explain any grammatical rules or provide examples.
I have lived in BsAs for almost a year now and manage myself around the city and with the public transport quite well, so traveling to get to the classes is no problem.
Please let me know if you would like to pass me down some of your classes. My email is [email protected]. Please get in touch, and I can send you my CV, and perhaps we can even meet up, grab some coffee, and explore the opportunity to work with your students!
Thanks, and I will be looking forward to hearing from you!
Vera

Hi there,

I would definitely be interested in taking over our classes.
Do you still need somebody?

Not american though...

cheers!

If you still need the lessons covering please do not hesitate to contact me! Thanks, Jess

Hello,

I was just wondering if you are still looking for a replacement or if the institute where you work is looking for any extra teachers? I am 29, Canadian and have a great deal of experience teaching English from kindergarten to university level. I'm located in Palermo and happy to send through my resume.

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Nick

Hello,
Are any of these teaching opportunities still available? I just moved to Las Canitas from Washington DC and am currently looking to teach. I have a BS from University of Pittsburgh, a TEFL certification, and many hours of teaching experience. Please contact me if anything is still available, or if you have any advice in my job search.
Thanks so much!
Sommer

Back