Teatro Colon

bhenstell

Registered
Can anyone give me guidance to ordering tickets online at Teatro Colon? Single sales are supposed to start today. I keep getting referred to the CABA ticket office and this does not provide access to purchase at Teatro Colon. Thanks!

Reactions: Moe
Can anyone give me guidance to ordering tickets online at Teatro Colon? Single sales are supposed to start today. I keep getting referred to the CABA ticket office and this does not provide access to purchase at Teatro Colon. Thanks!
What is the CABA ticket office?

There is a E-Ticket link on their website, registration is required. Have you tried it?

The Colon has always been chaotic. This is no surprise. Once I showed up for an opera. People were walking out of the theatre into the street. Guess why? They had changed the date of the performance after selling the tickets. I was told that the only notification had appeared in a small ad in LA NACION. Sorry, I missed that and so did hundreds of others.

The answer, for those who might find the information of use, is, first and foremost use a browser that the site supports. They don't tell you, but know that Firefox is out. Second, the website now has a notice that the Teatro has a new system for ticket sales and, surprise, at the present moment it's buggy and they're terribly sorry.

I managed to buy tickets last week. Their website redirects to a third party ticketing system “tuentrada.com” which works ok, (including in Firefox).

It wouldn’t be Argentina if all was smooth. Only worked with Visa card, two Mastercards didn’t work without even contacting bank, just errored.

The theatre site itself isn’t great for searching the shows either, no sorting or filtering, or enough info on where is the show. It’s only after buying the tickets I noticed that it’s not in the main theatre building but in La Rural pavilion instead.

Tonight I will see if the tickets are actually working.

Buying tickets online is a mystery; it's a puzzle you need to solve. The only sure thing is that you will get frustrated but, if you persist, persist, and try all sorts of different clicks, you will be able to buy online. Part of the challenge is that you'll find yourself doing so many different things, and if you hit the right combination, it's easy to forget what you did and you'll have to start entering the maze once again, if you need to buy another ticket. It's very frustrating, but that's Argentina! I buy an abono for five functions, so abono buyers seem to have the privilege to buy before individual tickets go on sale. Good luck.

Back