Telecentro vs Cable Vision

piba45

Registered
I need to get cable in my apartment. I already have Internet with Cable Vision, which is not bad, but expensive, I think: 200 pesos per month, just for the net.
They are offering now a package of cable plus internet for 250 pesos for one year. Is that a good price? I heard Telecentro has better deals, but is it good? I'd appreciate it if anyone could share their experiencers. Thanks.

Telecentro off their basic package of TV , Internet and Telephone (including free local calls) for ar$219.

I use it and its reliable.

I pay an extra ar$30 to increase the internet to 5mb, I doubt if I get that but I dont have many complaints. It slows down during eveningi peak times, but I presume others do too.

If you want good customer service and expect things to get fixed when they need to be, then don't go with Telecentro. This is from personal experience, and not from their charter or anything.

Also, weekends, forget about getting the speed you're paying for. It slows down depending on how many people in your building use Telecentro.

My wife and I are changing to CableVision this month (which is more expensive) because we are sick of the antics of Telecentro. Their package is cheaper but so is the quality of their service. 3 months ago, we did not have any internet or phone for 3 weeks. They promised to pay us back the money for that period of time, we are yet to see it.

I have heard that CableVision's package and service, both, are better than Telecentro.

And I have heard that Telecentro is the worst. But not having tried any of the other services I can't tell you if its better or worse. On its own though, my personal experience is that it sucks.

Fibertel / Cablevision are a more effcient operator.

If your service ( cable or internet ) goes down , phone and make a formal complaint. And remember to ask to get that days money back - if you don't ask they wont refunfd but if you do and the complaint is legitimate you will get a rebate off your next invoice.

Based on 3 interactions with Cablevision's installer guys in the last few weeks, their customer service and efficiency is great.

I lived in a new building that originally had a contract with Telecentro. When the first few people moved into their apartments, and tried to get Telecentro to come install cable and internet, they never showed, were confused about whether or not they had installed their own cable box, and then said it would take 6 months for the installation.

The neighbors got together and forced the building administrator to break the contract with Telecentro so we could get Cablevision. They were here within a week, and were responsive and organized. Maybe it's more expensive, but it's definitely worth the headache it'll save you. Also, Cablevision has really good discounts for long time customers, so if you'll be here for a while, you'll save.

We have cablevision with fibertel internet, just upgraded from previos tenants package -think before we were paying 260 for basic cable + 3mg internet
- and now have the cablevision HD + fibertel 6 megas package, paying a touch over 300 in total which includes an additional movies package. Its also a 12 months term.

Service was excellent all round. Cant complain at all with Cablevision and would definitely recommend them.

Back