Temporary Rental Agencies - Apartment Owner

French jurist said:
Many replies from people with 1,2, or less than 15 posts. Just saying :cool:

Although they have all been members of the site longer than both you and Alex. Just because they dont have many posts doesnt mean that they arent knowledgeable about something. Now, if they are plugging their own place, that is another thing.

I have been coming to Argentina 3 times per year for the past 6 years and dealt with a few different agencies. The best one and clearly the best managed that I have encountered is ba4uapartments.com.ar. The owner is German and gay so you know they are meticulous about everything.

The one agency I would stay as far away from as possible is bytargentina.com. They don't seem to care about either owners or renters. I'm not going to get into details here, but I can tell you in a PM if you want to hear it.

I have done extensive research and made comprehensive enquiries into letting agents in BsAs to support the appendix for my book "The Complete Guide to Real Estate Investment in Argentina". Out of over 50 agents I contacted there're only 3 that I recommend as being any good and use myself.

As mentioned above, the vast majority of agents merely act as middlemen and don't manage properties, in fact a lot of them don't even check in/out tenants themselves, requiring the landlord or his agent to do so. Essentially these type of operation keep the tenant's booking deposit as their fee and require the tenant to pay the landlord direct on check in. They provide little more than an expensive listing service in my opinion. Agents usually want to come round to see your apartment for a chat (usually equating to a hard sell) when you first make contact, so asking a few pertinent questions first about how they operate can save you wasting your time.

The biggest issue I found was agents' lack of response. I would suggest emailing an agent in the first instance, and seeing if they reply. A good agent should reply to your initial enquiry the same day. Some seem to think it's OK to reply weeks later (if at all). If they don't reply promply they're not on the ball and you should ask yourself whether these are reliable people you want to do business with.

I hope this is useful.

citygirl said:
Hey - I have a friend who manages apts (I think he has 7 or 8 - ones he owns or his family owns as well as 1 or 2 of close friends).

He's super good and does his own promoting, etc but doesn't work for an agency. However, most of his are consistently rented out. His apts are all high-end. If you want, I'm happy to put you in touch with him.

Thanks! Please PM me his contact info.

I can second the recommendation of "ba4uapartments.com.ar" I rented a studio apartment from them for a month two years ago in Recoleta on Aranales y Callao, and had a fabulous apartment - everything was taken care of, what ever concerns I had were addressed very quickly (ie, there was a problem with the roof deck pool - it turned green the first week I was there in December - and Rolf had that fixed before I could blink!) and their personal attention was top notch. They knew I had toppled a lamp there in under a week (much to my verguenza, the cleaning lady told on me!) and let me know in no uncertain terms that they expected that fixed ASAP.

My Argentine friend's mom has been using them to rent out her two apartments in Palermo now for years, and she is very satisfied with the upkeep of the properties and the tenants they put in the properties.

I have a nice condo in Palermo.
I bought it pre-construction after attending a 3-day seminar on buying property in Argentina. I can recommend Reynolds Propiedades.
They conducted the seminar and helped me find my condo.
They helped me through the purchase up to signing the deed.
I furnished it myself and now Reynolds rents it out and manages it.
It's been rented over 90% since last November and is rented through Jan 1.
Here's a link to my condo:http://www.reynoldspropiedades.com/properties/?change_lang=eng&id_prop=14515
EJ

I am an expat with over 15 years in the real estate industry. I opened my own real estate business here after experiencing my own frustrations with the ambiguity of the local market.

So, yes this is self-promotion post, but really I'm here to assist my fellow expats. I think my website and testimonials speak for themselves, so check it out and if you are interested contact me to chat in more detail. I guarantee you will be happy with my results. ;)

www.jaimejensen.com

Back