Temporary Rentals And Pesos

hillbilly

Registered
Are temporary rentals included under the pesofication law? We've met with a landlord who says he's willing to accept pesos at the official rate, but he wants to write the contract in dollars. Can we ask the contract be written in pesos according to pesofication?

You got a landlord that will accept pesos at the official rate and that's not good enough? So you want to lock him into a deflating currency?

You hillbillies drive a hard bargain!

Right now there isn't any pesofication law, there is a total restriction on buying dollars. However temporary rentals (furnished spaces rented for 6 months or less) are not bound by the "Ley de Alquileres". If you ask him to pesofy your contract and not make any mention of a dollar price, be prepared for him to substantially increase the rental price. You can't expect him to accept terms that are only advantageous to the renter. Just the fact that he is willing to accept pesos at all on a rental contract for a temporary rental is rare, so if I were you I would accept it as is. Good luck.

I would make sure that the contract explicitly states that the rent is to be paid in pesos, at the rate published by Banco Nación.

Back