Temporary to Permanent Residency Timing

dsp27

Registered
My temporary residence expires in August 2022 but in February 2022 I will already have been in Temporaria for 3 years. Do I have to wait up until 60 days from the end of the Temporaria to apply for the Permanent or can I apply in February 2022? Or maybe 60 days before completing 3 years in Feb 2022?

Last edited:
My temporary residence expires in August 2022 but in February 2022 I will already have been in Temporaria for 3 years. Do I have to wait up until 60 days from the end of the Temporaria to apply for the Permanent or can I apply in February 2022? Or maybe 60 days before completing 3 years in Feb 2022?
You can apply for the "cambio de categoria" from temporary to permanent residency no more than 60 days before the third year of your temporary residency expires. Do not wait until after it expires. I suggest you apply as early as possible within the 60 days.

Last edited:
You can apply for the "cambio de categoria" from temporary to permanent residency no more than 60 days before your temporary residency expires. Do not wait until after it expires. I suggest you apply as early as possible within the 60 days.
jaja. I have been a citizen since November 2021. Directly from temporaria to carta de ciudadania. But thanks.

Back