Ten New Studio Apartments In All Rental Building Balvanera

jantango

Registered
This post is prompted by a conversation today with another American who can´t afford to pay what landlords are charging in dollars for a furnished place. It is obvious they are taking advantage of the situation.

There is a new building in my neighborhood. I understand that the owner is an architect. He has contracted with LINO PROPIEDADES to rent out the ten studio apartments for $1,800 pesos per month plus expensas. This sounds reasonable for the area where old two room apartments go for that price.

This building is located on Pichincha 712 between Chile and Independencia. I live around the corner for ten years. Good transportation with bus lines and the subte E nearby. A new health club is going to be built on the corner, next to this building. The lot has been vacant for years and was finally sold at auction. A chinese grocery is in the same block, with the cheapest prices I´ve seen anywhere. Coto´s price are double.

I have no interest in this building or the renting of the apartment. I provide this information to help those interested in living in BsAs for two years. It would be better to rent directly from the Architect-owner and make a deal with him. YOU NEED A GUARANTIA FROM A PROPERTY OWNER LIVING IN THE CAPITAL FEDERAL. This is the one thing that makes it more difficult for foreigners to rent in BsAs. Everything has to be in writing and official by an escribano.

Lino Propiedades 4306 1337 Estados Unidos 1768 at Entre Rios. They probably charge a commission plus deposit. I like the area for its convenience to everything and good transportation. www.linopropiedades.com.ar

Let me know if you decide to move there. We´ll be neighbors.

I live near there. I would not recommend this neighborhood to anyone not comfortable with living in the ghetto. That supermarkets prices are cheap though

That's a decent middle-class area, maybe not for snobbish expats looking for somewhere in the Palermo/Recoleta bubble, but an insult to call it a ghetto!!

Ghetto? Any particular ethnic group? socio.economic group? Please explain? May be some of us belong or want to belong to that group?

I live in Congreso / Balvanera and it's one of those neighborhoods that is okay on one block and NOT on another. During the day the area is generally fine, but some of those side streets between Rivadavia, Av. Belgrano, Independencia, and Av. San Juan are NOT safe after dark. There are squatters in some houses as well, abandoned buildings, and there is drug activity, and plenty of people living on the street, and many small shops and restaurants have been held up at gunpoint. Anyone who denies this about this neighborhood is not being realistic. I volunteer at a community center and talk to a lot of people young and old from the area and I hear about many unpleasant things that happen all of the time. I happen to live right in front of the Congreso so we enjoy police all around 24 hours per day, but even that didn't prevent one of my neighbors, an elderly lady from getting robbed while she was home last year. Pichincha between Chile and Av. Independencia is probably okay during the day, but it's not an area I would walk around in after dark at all and if you live there consider that if you come home after dark you will be taking a taxi. This area is very much up and coming but it's NOT what I would consider an especially "good neighborhood" as of yet. The best part of this area is the unlimited shopping and transportation options - you can buy just about anything for much lower prices than elsewhere and public transportation is the best in the city.

This whole city has a terrible crime problem, but the truth is that most people in the barrios rich expats don't want to live in are normal working or middle class people. They can't afford to up sticks and move to Palermo cos of the gun crazy criminals that abound. I live in the part of Constitucion that borders Monserrat, near Independencia, and there are 5 schools/universities within one block of me and the area is full of families. It's definitely not a ghetto but we have a real problem with inseguridad and armed robberies. Yesterday I had tea with an expat who lives in Palermo. We shared stories of our armed robbery experiences. My architect lives in Palermo and he experienced an armed robbery about 3 months ago.That's the unfortunate truth about life here right now.

That's a decent middle-class area, maybe not for snobbish expats looking for somewhere in the Palermo/Recoleta bubble, but an insult to call it a ghetto!!

Excuse me. I live here, and have for 3 years. Its not a decent middle class area. It was 15 years ago maybe, but its only gotten worse. 30% of the houses are "tomadas" with tons of immigrant families living together in poor conditions. Almost every night there are fights that break out between the groups of native teens who sit around drinking. I've seen shootings. I've seen a drunk teen throwing bottles at cars in the intersection till one pick-up just didn't stop and ran him over, carrying him on the hood for at least half a block. I've seen "swat teams" raid the house directly across the street; twice. Automatic weapons, gas masks, the works. Just this past weekend a kid had his throat cut in the neighborhood and the police who were pursuing the perps had break off to deal with another person even closer to the address in the OP who had been stabbed multiple times in a domestic dispute. I have the lovely privilege of watching and listening to my neighbor beat the crap out of his wife on a semi regular basis.

This neighborhood is the definition of urban decay.

Geez, I'm surprised. My friend lived 2 blocks away from that altura of Pichincha, he sold up last year, and never complained about all the crime. I've lived here 6 years and often walked to the Cotos around there. It seems so nice compared to where I live, haha!

This post is prompted by a conversation today with another American who can´t afford to pay what landlords are charging in dollars for a furnished place. It is obvious they are taking advantage of the situation.

There is a new building in my neighborhood. I understand that the owner is an architect. He has contracted with LINO PROPIEDADES to rent out the ten studio apartments for $1,800 pesos per month plus expensas. This sounds reasonable for the area where old two room apartments go for that price.

This building is located on Pichincha 712 between Chile and Independencia. I live around the corner for ten years. Good transportation with bus lines and the subte E nearby. A new health club is going to be built on the corner, next to this building. The lot has been vacant for years and was finally sold at auction. A chinese grocery is in the same block, with the cheapest prices I´ve seen anywhere. Coto´s price are double.

I have no interest in this building or the renting of the apartment. I provide this information to help those interested in living in BsAs for two years. It would be better to rent directly from the Architect-owner and make a deal with him. YOU NEED A GUARANTIA FROM A PROPERTY OWNER LIVING IN THE CAPITAL FEDERAL. This is the one thing that makes it more difficult for foreigners to rent in BsAs. Everything has to be in writing and official by an escribano.

Lino Propiedades 4306 1337 Estados Unidos 1768 at Entre Rios. They probably charge a commission plus deposit. I like the area for its convenience to everything and good transportation. www.linopropiedades.com.ar

Let me know if you decide to move there. We´ll be neighbors.

with what was said about security in the area , would not consider moving? One has to call a remis to go aout at night and arrive with a taxi, waiting till you open the front door? :eek:

Back