The Argentine tax entity the "AFIP" is imposing PENALTIES and LOTS of fines to Foreigners SELLING th

Pablosantelmo:

Do you have proof that the 100K was wired in legally and to the account of the seller??

Dear all

Thank-you for your insight and help. I am feeling pretty sore.....I think we have been stung, especially because I have an email from the escribano two days before the escritura confirming the price!....

As regards the money, I wired it myself...I have the receipt...from Abbey in England to Lloyds in England...I checked this was legal....it is...

The money was all earned from my job as a teacher.....

Still think Bs As is gorgeous (despite this and a bag snatch from a remise on the way back from the airport)....

I am just wising up!

pablo

You are all being very helpful but my question is really this....
Can an error or an incorrect fact be corrected on an escritura. This is what is called in Roman Law "amending an error on the face of the record".

I will be happy (not exactly happy, more resigned) to paying more tax.

If the answer is no, and that the escritura once registered CANNOT be amended (by the way - what do they do in cases of genuine MISTAKE?) then I will just have to learn to live with it....

Thanks again

PS It is not illegal to transfer the money between foreign bank accounts where both buyer and seller are non-resident. You just notify the AFIP and pay the tax accordingly....

Back